Office 2010 (Professional Plus) Install limit

Reaction score
I own a legit copy of Office 2010 which I have over the years installed on several PC's as I've replaced one's that have died or upgraded to better PC's.
Unfortunately I was not aware that the Office software had a limit to the number of installs and apparently I'm there. I still have one working copy which is installed on a PC I want to replace. I thought perhaps I could remove the hard drive from the old PC and install it as a second drive in my new one, but unfortunately the old PC is configured for WIN10 32bit and the new PC is 64 bit, so I don't think that will work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Reaction score
Win32 will work on a 64bit system, however, if you do what you are planning to do, you will loose your activation of Win10 32bit.
You might want to talk to Microsoft if they can help you transfer your Office to the new computer.
BTW: Office 2010 is no longer supported and does not receive updates any longer.
As alternative you might want to take a look at Libre-Office which is almost the same as MS Office, but its free....

Reaction score
Generally changing from 32-bit to 64-bit or the opposite requires reinstalling of the OS then there's the issue of drivers for the different motherboard. After that the Activation will have to be dealt with, perhaps require a call to Microsoft.

I've done a number of installs of Microsoft Office Pro and Home and Office Versions up through suite 2013 and the EULA provided for a 'workstation' and a 'portable device' in control of the same person. The Enterprise and Education have different possibilities.

Ask a Question