Office 2013 wont install

Reaction score
I got my copy of Office 2013 Pro via an employer Home Use Program (HUP) download. When I performed a clean install upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, I had to reinstall it. YES, I had to be online to install it since the only file I had on my hard drive was the Office 2013 installer EXE file which is less than 1 MB in size. The installer filename starts with "Setup.x86.en-US_ProPlusRetail..." with the remaining characters being the product key. As I recall, it took about 30 - 45 minutes for the download/installation process to complete at my mediocre connection speed. During the installation, all applicable updates to Office 2013 Pro were also installed.

Reaction score
I replied, but not all of my answer was posted. I've been able to install and use Office2013 in Win8.1 - although only Excel [and not Word] was upgraded - so the install file is OK. I did NOT need to be on-line - I had almost 700Mb of install files. I've decided it's too much fuss for no advantage over Office2010 that is relevant to ME, so I wont bother with it. But there is something not right about my Win10 - although I have updated it, and got the message 'Your device is uptodate', the version number never increases from 10240.

Last edited:

Ask a Question