On Being an Windows 10 Insider Preview Tester

Reaction score
I tested all build starting with 9926, I missed one. It was kind of fun for a short period and today it became something I will never participate in again. In order to get this latest Update, one had to be on build 10240. I was on TP Build 10586 and it would not update. I had to jump through hoops to find an ISO that was legit to download. Well never again Redmond.
I Beta tested Vista, Windows 7, Office 2010 and Windows 10 and this was the thank I got for being a Lab Rat. Well no more M$.

EOR/

Bif

Reaction score
There goes another shot to their foot...I find it hard to wrap my head around them any more,I was never a beta tester but feel like I've likely put Bills kids through college a number of times over the years.

531608_462973093727566_848869908_n.jpg

Reaction score
Gideon.
Yes, I agree. When I got the RTM, I dropped out of the program. In fact, since then, there has been a little change in policy. If you don't mind waiting, and it is only a matter of a couple of days at most, you can usually get the builds anyway., from other reliable sources.

P.S.
Just wanted to add:
As I had remarked much earlier, Aub seems to be more active publishing the latest news on the social websites than on the insider program, anyway!

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Build 10586 and it would not update.
I'm a bit confused. A state or condition I seem to be enjoying more and more recently.
I thought that build 10586 was the equivalent of Version 1511 (the former being the Insider Preview the later being the public release)
Perhaps 10586 didn't have anything to upgrade to.

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. A state or condition I seem to be enjoying more and more recently.
Is it that you are confused more and more or in denial less and less? I think it is I am in denial less and less, and accepting the fact that I have always been confused.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is it that you are confused more and more or in denial less and less? I think it is I am in denial less and less, and accepting the fact that I have always been confused.
When you're my age it's sometimes difficult to appreciate the distinction between the two.
I will simply trust your fine judgement and acquiesce to your obviously more considered experience in the matter.
Denial it is.

Reaction score
I'm older than you, trouble. It is like a filing cabinet. It is still all in there, but you still need to find the write file - take a while sometimes.

Reaction score
I thought that build 10586 was the equivalent of Version 1511 (the former being the Insider Preview the later being the public release)
Perhaps 10586 didn't have anything to upgrade to.

What is there to be confused about? At the time I was still in the Insiders program, and there were updates beyond 10586. I also found better things to do with my time than testing Windows 10 releases that basically are the same as the prior one. There has been very little changed in the two Redstone releases.Edge is just another version of IE that will have extensions..Whenever MS feels like adding them.

MS was alo to release updates as they became available but they are still using the old Patch Tuesday routine.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Always good to know that there is someone else out there, willing to test their personal psychological pain threshold.

Ask a Question