OneDrive Broken: Not syncing; won't run

Reaction score
I have noticed that my OneDrive files are not syncing online lately. This is after upgrading to Windows 10 on my desktop. Not only that, I notice the OneDrive icon isn't in the bottom-right and it's not running. So, I try running it, I get this error:

Explorer.EXE
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

So, I can't click on the OneDrive shortcut in explorer in the left-side of the explorer window or I get this error and I can't run the program or else I get that error. Googling this in relation to OneDrive comes up flat.

This may also be related: When I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Your email and accounts It simply spins there never showing me anything.

What I have tried: Reboot, Look for updates. Copy a working OneDrive.exe from another Windows 10 machine. Running the OneDriveSetup.exe program. Trying to run OneDrive.exe /reset also does nothing.

The computer is Windows 10 Pro, it's joined to a domain and I'm attempting to use OneDrive personal. The OneDrive for Business is working just fine.

You had this question

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hey, man. Did you ever solve this problem? I'm experiencing an identical issue.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. I had a few other things wrong with my installation that I formatted and re-installed. Sorry, for me, I couldn't find a solution.

Reaction score
It sounds like it might be some type of access issue. Were you both signed in with a Microsoft account?

Can you open the OneDrive account if you go directly there?

Did you have your system set to Sync OneDrive?

Any firewalls or anti-virus other that Microsoft?

Edit: You might also check the Event Viewer to see if any error or warning messages show up around the time you try to access OneDrive.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
It sounds like it might be some type of access issue. Were you both signed in with a Microsoft account?

Can you open the OneDrive account if you go directly there?

Did you have your system set to Sync OneDrive?

Any firewalls or anti-virus other that Microsoft?

Edit: You might also check the Event Viewer to see if any error or warning messages show up around the time you try to access OneDrive.

I was not signed into the computer with a microsoft account, it was a domain account. I had my system set to sync. And I didn't have any firewalls/AV that could have conflicted. After rebuilding the computer, everything was working fine.

I did look at event viewer when I was debugging the problem and there were no issues that popped up.

Ultimately, I think it was related to the accounts on the machine, but I'll never know because I couldn't live with it any longer, I reformatted/reinstalled.

Ask a Question