OneDrive disappeared

Reaction score
Ondrive disappeared off my home PC - it remained on my laptop, the icons and everything

I went to download it and and it said a newer version was already on my PC so had to uninstall it - which I did

I then re-installed and it started working again

Then when I came to use my PC a few days later it was gone again - I have just gone through the same thing above but fully expect it to disappear again as it has disappeared from the other family member accounts on the PC

Any advice?

Reaction score
OneDrive will normally start if you just click the listing in the Apps on the Start Menu. You might check and see if it is set to start with Windows.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Same here

OneDrive.png

Just went to the store, which by the way is acting a bit goofy today, and I don't know if the two are related but I downloaded it again and it seems to be working OK now.

Reaction score
I keep having the same problem again and again and again
Microsoft in their wisdom say if you want word get Office365. Then they put your files in their cloud and then you can't access anything because one drive keeps breaking. And you pay a subscription for this service and you can't get support - Rant over

This is what I get when I try to re-install then you delete it then you install it. Then you come back to your computer and its gone - RUBBISH

upload_2018-6-13_23-30-2.png

Is anyone from Microsoft on these forums that can help please

Reaction score
It appears you left out some very important info from your original post. You seem to be referring to the 1 TB cloud storage every user of Office 365 is given with that software. The rest of us only have 2 GB so has your cloud storage been combined and you only have the 1 TB for your user or do you have the original Win 10 2 GB plus an additional 1 TB handled by one OneDrive utility or install?

I suppose what I am asking is, what options do you have with both the Win 10 OneDrive and the Office 365 OneDrive?

Reaction score
It appears you left out some very important info from your original post. You seem to be referring to the 1 TB cloud storage every user of Office 365 is given with that software. The rest of us only have 2 GB so has your cloud storage been combined and you only have the 1 TB for your user or do you have the original Win 10 2 GB plus an additional 1 TB handled by one OneDrive utility or install?

I suppose what I am asking is, what options do you have with both the Win 10 OneDrive and the Office 365 OneDrive?
I do have Office 365 but wasn't aware there are 2 versions of 1 drive. I just went to the Microsoft site (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/download/) to download it and then have to fully remove the version that has disappeared because it says there is a later version installed.

And once again Microsoft One Drive has disappeared - does anyone know how to get support for something you have paid for on a subscription from Microsoft? Waiting days for a reply is very frustrating

Reaction score
I see you are downloading from a GB site, I suppose the rules are the same for OneDrive as in the States?

The .exe file is in the following folder, if you use your actual user name. You can get the version of the file shown there.

There also appears to be an updater in that same folder. The AppData folder is hidden so you will have to allow for it to be seen or just go straight to the folder with the .exe file.

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

My current version is 18.91.506.7

Reaction score
If you don't have it installed at all, I might run a System file check in an admin command prompt.

sfc /scannow

If that shows problems or even if it doesn't, run the command below.

DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Since OneDrive is a basic component of Win 10, I would think it might repair the install. It appears an install is seeing something left over and needs to recover any current partial install.

As a last resort, you might go to Settings-Apps and look for a link to Programs and Features. If OneDrive shows there you might try to uninstall after right clicking.

Reaction score
If you don't have it installed at all, I might run a System file check in an admin command prompt.

sfc /scannow

If that shows problems or even if it doesn't, run the command below.

DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Since OneDrive is a basic component of Win 10, I would think it might repair the install. It appears an install is seeing something left over and needs to recover any current partial install.

As a last resort, you might go to Settings-Apps and look for a link to Programs and Features. If OneDrive shows there you might try to uninstall after right clicking.

Thanks for helping, I have tried this, the sfc /scannow picked up and fixed some issues and the DISM ran through too, I restarted my PC and still no sign of Onedrive.

I will have a go with the page suggested by Jake B

Reaction score
I got a memo months ago that either dropbox or onedrive was about to cease I don't know which it was can't remember but the setups still seem to be active.

Reaction score
Similar problem and found a fix ...

I recently had OneDrive disappear from my desktop system. My OneDrive storage was still alive on two different laptops and the files were all present on my desktop system, but OneDrive was not running there.
So I uninstalled application "OneDrive" and reinstalled from the MS app store that you get to from Edge. Still not working. There was no icon in the system tray - that is key.
Eventually I discovered that there was another application, I believe it was "Microsoft OneDrive". I uninstalled this. Then I went to some MS site and downloaded and re-installed. That fixed it. I did not use the app store for it.

NOTE: I do not run Office 365.

Reaction score
I don't have a OneDrive.exe in that folder - I guess that's what keeps going missing
View attachment 8748

I suggest you 'Uninstall OneDrive' by going to ‘Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a program>Microsoft OneDrive

Then, download OneDrive again (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-au/download/) then start a “fresh install” then, login to your OneDrive account. I've never had any problems with OneDrive like you have had, your OneDrive must be corrupted, just remember, the simplest solutions are always the best solutions.

I enclose an image of: C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe (like ‘Saltgrass’ has suggested) from my PC which OneDrive is working perfectly for your information. Note: ‘DO NOT’ use any tools to repair your PC, they don’t work and could corrupt your PC!!!

Attachments

• OneDrive.JPG
    OneDrive.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 482
Last edited:

Ask a Question