OneDrive bug?

Reaction score
You used to be able to choose to save documents to your computer or to OneDrive. Has that changed deliberately or is this a bug? I was setting up a new computer and OneDrive started copying files I put on my hard drive. I have a large genealogy database (over 200,000 people) and when OneDrive copied files from it, all my attached pictures disappeared. Attached pictures and documents must be saved in a directory in a certain relationship to the database that's running. I didn't give permission to put the files on OneDrive. I just copied files to my hard drive and OneDrive took them. I got my pictures back. They were right where they should be, but OneDrive was telling the program to look in the wrong place. Some data can NOT be stored on OneDrive.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
How big is your OneDriver storage? More than the default 5GB? Do you actually use OneDrive?

Because of the only 5GB of free storage (I want buy anymore storage), I don't use it and therefore I uninstall it.

Reaction score
If you don't want/need OneDrive, simply un-install it as it will be a constant pain if you don't!. :)

Reaction score
It would be better if the default for Onedrive was uninstalled. Which I think is the way it was. Or at the least an unskippable dialog in Windows installation screens.

Ask a Question