I want to disconnect OneDrive

Reaction score
By default OneDrive syncs important files, but that is causing me problems.
e.g. I installed a new genealogy program and the associated database went to OneDrive, however the instructions for this program says that OneDrive must never be used with it because it can't sync the program with the master databases online.

I have other issues as well, so I want to put everything back to the PC.

There are numerous tips found on Google and they all say first unlink the PC. Then it says to open File explorer and move the files. However as soon as you unlink OneDrive, File explorer cannot see OneDrive.

I tried unticking the "Files on Demand" box, and that says "all OneDrive files and folders will download to they PC", but they don't.

I also don't know where some of the files came from in C drive, so don't know where to put then back

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Which genealogy program U using?
I didn't like how one drive was setup
so I copied all my files to the HD
The FIX was to uninstall OneDrive, reboot and reinstall.
select "the cloud" in task bar and follow through completing install which also give a choice where to install.
My case HD D:
Then one drive will not be associated with folders especially Documents folder.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Do you actually use One Drive? If not, just uninstall it.

I personally don't use it simply because MS only allows 5 GB of storage. What the heck are you supposed to do with only 5 GB. So I delete that along all the other useless apps MS is forcing on us.

Reaction score
PA_Woodchuck.
My main tree is on Ancestry, but I have a copy on My Heritage. The Ancestry tree has had a whole new family line recently added, so I need to bulk update My Heritage. To do that I installed Family Tree Builder and copied a Gedcom file from Ancestry to Family Tree Builder and synced that to My Heritage. However the Family Tree Builder database ended up on OneDrive and therefore Family Tree Builde won't sync to My Heritage (hope that all makes sense).

Bassfisher6522.
No I don't use it and would delete it, but it has grabbed a lot of files include all the MS Office templates and a ton of PaintShopPro files. It also has all the desktop icons. I don't know where any of them belong in my C Drive.

Ask a Question