OneDrive Deleted

Reaction score
How do I get the OneDrive icon back into File Explorer? It was accidentally deleted with all the files in it that were on my Surface when my Surface pen moved. The files are still online. Is there a Recycle Bin anywhere I can recover it and get it sync again?

Reaction score
Have you tried the straightforward Microsoft suggestion -
  • Go to the right side of the taskbar and right-click (or press and hold) the OneDrive icon. If you don’t see it there, you might need to select the Show hidden icons arrow first.
  • Select Settings, go to the Account tab, and then select Choose folders.
  • Select the Sync all files and folders in my OneDrive check box, then OK.
  • Open File Explorer and check to see if your OneDrive files are there.

Reaction score
You can also try Microsoft Store, simply type "onedrive" in search and install if necessary!. :)

1584350637269.png

Reaction score
How do I get the OneDrive icon back into File Explorer? It was accidentally deleted with all the files in it that were on my Surface when my Surface pen moved. The files are still online. Is there a Recycle Bin anywhere I can recover it and get it sync again?

Are you sure it was deleted and the icon wasn't moved and is buried under another folder. I've done that by accident a few times.

Reaction score
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
make sure it is here or not.... then you can signin to MS Office account and restore if not.

For info about using Files Restore to restore a OneDrive to a previous point in time, see Restore your OneDrive.

For info about restoring items from the recycle bin in OneDrive, see Restore deleted files or folders.

Reaction score
I also fell into the trap in this thread. The op abandoned us 5 years ago

Reaction score
I also fell into the trap in this thread. The op abandoned us 5 years ago
Easy to do, kinda becomes noticeable if pertinent questions about the problem are not responded to with usable information.

Ask a Question