SOLVED Only one Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

regardlessdv

I think that there should be more than one Operating System,when it comes to Windows. Xp And Vista was in order but far as I'm concerned Windows 10 ain't the best. And all Microsoft wanna do is force everybody to use Windows 10. They need to think about updating other versions or making new Operating Systems.

R

regardlessdv

This Operrating System thing. Has not been solved. Ill give it some years or so. But the sooner the better.

Reaction score
Why would they bother to write a new OS? Windows works quite well considering the enormous amount of dubious hardware it runs on. And of course there is a better OS out there. Linux or Unix for the traditionalists.

Reaction score
I think that there should be more than one Operating System,when it comes to Windows. Xp And Vista was in order but far as I'm concerned Windows 10 ain't the best. And all Microsoft wanna do is force everybody to use Windows 10. They need to think about updating other versions or making new Operating Systems.
There is two operating systems, Windows 8.0 / 8.1 and Windows 10 .
This Operrating System thing. Has not been solved. Ill give it some years or so. But the sooner the better.
Exactly what is this operating system thing that needs to be solved.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Are you coming from Mac OS?

R

regardlessdv

Why would they bother to write a new OS? Windows works quite well considering the enormous amount of dubious hardware it runs on. And of course there is a better OS out there. Linux or Unix for the traditionalists.
Ok its cool. But i prefer Windows. Not Linux Or Unix. I guess I'm not a traditionalist.

R

regardlessdv

Its cool. But i prefer Windows, not Linux or Unix. I guess i'm not a traditionalist. But thanks for your reply.

R

regardlessdv

Its cool. But i prefer Windows, not Linux or Unix. I guess i'm not a traditionalist. But thanks for your reply
Are you coming from Mac OS?
maybe some one else not me,coming from mac. lol . My whole intire life really since the internet, would have to be Windows XP And Vista. I miss them.

R

regardlessdv

There is two operating systems, Windows 8.0 / 8.1 and Windows 10 .

Exactly what is this operating system thing that needs to be solved.
Well the home screen menu is confusing,set up wrong and need's changes. Plus there should be options to change the way the menu looks,in ways that are not shown on the OS. Truthfully the Menu should be more like XP. Windows 95,Windows 7 and vista. These is my opinions. Maybe just to add another Window's O.S. with Window's Ten. To bad i didn't and or couldint design one; With the right marketing skills attached to my O.S. I'd win. There is some more issues that I've seen that wasn't stated. But that's ok.

R

regardlessdv

Well the home screen menu is confusing,set up wrong and need's changes. Plus there should be options to change the way the menu looks,in ways that are not shown on the OS. Truthfully the Menu should be more like XP. Windows 95,Windows 7 and vista. These is my opinions. Maybe just to add another Window's O.S. with Window's Ten. To bad i didn't and or couldint design one; With the right marketing skills attached to my O.S. I'd win. There is some more issues that I've seen that wasn't stated. But that's ok.
I considered those two Windows 8.0/ 8.1 are hard to find already installed on computers and or is not updating no more. But i guess you know more than me. Ok ill look more into. 8.0 and 8.1. Thanks

R

regardlessdv

Its cool. But i prefer Windows, not Linux or Unix. I guess i'm not a traditionalist. But thanks for your reply

maybe some one else not me,coming from mac. lol . My whole intire life really since the internet, would have to be Windows XP And Vista. I miss them.
You right they wouldn't bother to right a new OS. The spirit sends them in the wrong way and they except their feelings. Its a shame.

Reaction score
Could you be more explicit. What do you not like about the start menu (home screen menu?) Perhaps members could offer suggestions as to how to change its appearance.
Maybe a screen capture from your setup?
If you mean something like this

1609317684226.png

It is fairly straight forward to accomplish

R

regardlessdv

No denigh this screen shot looks great. But i have already stated in other areas about what the real situation about the system or it should just be more other operating systems. Im not mad if somebody likes Windows Ten Home screen menue. But that screenshot dosent show the actual start menu. Thats just icons with links attached.

R

regardlessdv

No denigh this screen shot looks great. But i have already stated in other areas about what the real situation about the system or it should just be more other operating systems. Im not mad if somebody likes Windows Ten Home screen menue. But that screenshot dosent show the actual start menu. Thats just icons with links attached.
I'm very literate with computers. So i won't send a screen shot. I've been to all the settings. When i turn my computer on after startup. The first screen, i see is not the screenshot shown but i know how to get to it. Thanks.

Reaction score
You seem to be quoting and answering your own posts, so good luck with your endeavours.

Reaction score
Truthfully the Menu should be more like XP. Windows 95,Windows 7 and vista.
If you don't like the Tiles in the start menu then simply remove them.

Right click the tile and Unpin from start how hard can that be.

Once the tiles are removed from the start menu than you pretty much are left with a traditional start menu.

The problem with Windows 10 is that users don't want to learn any of the actual how to to customize the desktop and menus to the traditional type menu which the user is more accustom to using.

Have a read.

The links above all from this article.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
There's 2 excellent 3rd party software to tackle the start menu issue: Start8 and Start10 respectively for each OS and ClassicShell which is no longer supported but still functional and the new OpenShell. Also, if you which to tweak your windows to configure it more like Windows 7, there is Winaero. Then to customize windows there is Stardock Object Desktop....it's bundled with all kinds of nifty software.

Last edited:
R

regardlessdv

You seem to be quoting and answering your own posts, so good luck with your endeavours.
cool - but its Windows 8.1 rather than windows 10. But maybe there is still room for change. I ment no disrespect toward you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question