SOLVED Only one Operating System

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

regardlessdv

There's 2 excellent 3rd party software to tackle the start menu issue: Start8 and Start10 respectively for each OS and ClassicShell which is no longer supported but still functional and the new OpenShell. Also, if you which to tweak your windows to configure it more like Windows 7, there is Winaero. Then to customize windows there is Stardock Object Desktop....it's bundled with all kinds of nifty software.
ok thats cool. But the os should be straight forward with out using other things to make it better. It should be better with-in-self. Thanks for the info. I know yall waiting on me too change the world.

R

regardlessdv

ok thats cool. But the os should be straight forward with out using other things to make it better. It should be better with-in-self. Thanks for the info. I know yall waiting on me too change the world. L

I think that there should be more than one Operating System,when it comes to Windows. Xp And Vista was in order but far as I'm concerned Windows 10 ain't the best. And all Microsoft wanna do is force everybody to use Windows 10. They need to think about updating other versions or making new Operating Systems.
I just did some more researches on Windows 8.1- Some people said i should use this. But they have 1.8 in the title and it only goes to like Chromebook and Windows Ten. False advertisements... Even though i love Android and Chromebooks. But Chrome Books are special laptops based on Android and Android is based on phones. so those are different O.S. - What should i think now.

R

regardlessdv

If you don't like the Tiles in the start menu then simply remove them.

Right click the tile and Unpin from start how hard can that be.

Once the tiles are removed from the start menu than you pretty much are left with a traditional start menu.

The problem with Windows 10 is that users don't want to learn any of the actual how to to customize the desktop and menus to the traditional type menu which the user is more accustom to using.

Have a read.

The links above all from this article.
I like the tiles alright. Its more to this sorry. No disrespect.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I know yall waiting on me too change the world.
Not me....but only if you want to. That said, with every other windows iterations, there were and will always be the nay sayers and those who cant adapt for what ever reason. As with anything new....it takes time to get used to how it works.

Give all that, I remember when windows 10 was first being launched as the lean and mean OS. MS stripped all the good stuff from 7/8/8.1 to make it easy on hardware. Now, fast forward to present.....MS has slowly been adding all of it back. Go figure!

R

regardlessdv

Not me....but only if you want to. That said, with every other windows iterations, there were and will always be the nay sayers and those who cant adapt for what ever reason. As with anything new....it takes time to get used to how it works.

Give all that, I remember when windows 10 was first being launched as the lean and mean OS. MS stripped all the good stuff from 7/8/8.1 to make it easy on hardware. Now, fast forward to present.....MS has slowly been adding all of it back. Go figure!
Its alright if you like that sort-of-thing. I understand why you say Nay sayers But I'm trully and emotionally supposed to be different and realler. Wait until the C.O.S. Coherst Operating System. With the right amount of needed funds and the right amount of Marketing. And the right amount of patents,i would succeed. But i believe the right amount of money spent on Marketing makes everything great. Even with music. I try not to market much on music , so i wont blow the world and youtube away with millions of paid for views,Comments and subscriptions.Thanks for the time that you've shown my thread.

Reaction score
Well the home screen menu is confusing,set up wrong and need's changes. Plus there should be options to change the way the menu looks,in ways that are not shown on the OS. Truthfully the Menu should be more like XP. Windows 95,Windows 7 and vista. These is my opinions. Maybe just to add another Window's O.S. with Window's Ten. To bad i didn't and or couldint design one; With the right marketing skills attached to my O.S. I'd win. There is some more issues that I've seen that wasn't stated. But that's ok.
Hey if that's all you need load up Open Shell you can have your start menu back just as you like it XP or Vista or 7 all up to you. Download from download Open-Shell (Formerly Classic-Start) - MajorGeeks
Problems solved also explore can be configured lots os settings available, it was originally Classic Shell, no in the domain of GitHub open-source well support.

Reaction score
Well, you asked for more, all you can handle with Open Shell, that up to you if all you want to is complain actually no one here cares about your complaints none of us work for Microsoft were all just users helping other users.

Reaction score
Looking back over this thread, I. and i can see the other posters, are beginning to wonder what you want and where you want to go with this thread .??

Your initial post -
We are a Windows 10 forum. Some agree some disagree with some of its functions, but we are all using it and learning how to make the most use of it.
We are unable to offer you an alternative OS -it is beyond our capabilities and interest.
With respect to that very same first post, for me, I am not sure why you posted at all?? ,When posters refer to your queries, they are instantly rejected.
If your only concern is for am alternative, and innovative, os, you will not find it here. You have Linux. of course. Many varieties, but all essentially the same with different methods of presenting themselves - or Apple??

Reaction score
Couldn't resist, I have usable computers with WinXP, WinVista [Notebook], Win7, Win8.1 [Notebook], Win10 Home and Pro [both Desktops and Notebooks] , Win10 Insider Preview Dev, Linux Mint and one I'm playing with to test my memory, a Toshiba Satellite 9.5" Laptop running MS-DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1.

R

regardlessdv

Couldn't resist, I have usable computers with WinXP, WinVista [Notebook], Win7, Win8.1 [Notebook], Win10 Home and Pro [both Desktops and Notebooks] , Win10 Insider Preview Dev, Linux Mint and one I'm playing with to test my memory, a Toshiba Satellite 9.5" Laptop running MS-DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1.

I should be more like you. Thats from my heart. From Regardless Devon Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question