Outlook 2010 email issue

Reaction score
This just started a few days ago... I select an email to read but when I delete that msg it is still shown in reading pane until I select next msg. Before this if I deleted a email it would advance to next email and show that in reading pane

thanks

Reaction score
Have you manually checked for updates on your Office 2010 suite?

I think so, I followed the link from within OL and didn't find any updates. Another new thing I noticed if I'm on the home tab and delete the MSG the file tab comes active. Also now win messenger now closes once I view MSG's and need to restart to view next MSG!

Reaction score
I Sympathise with your "Financial" comment. Under the circumstances, if the problem cannot be sorted, I would suggest you try one of the alternative Office suites. A couple of them are so good, you will hardly notice the diference

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Are there any options for outlook mail? If I upgrade is all the documents, mail, etc cloud based or can it also be configured to store on PC too. But I do see advantages that I can get to the info form any of my PC's and IOS devices. If I do the office 365 trail version can I revert back to OL if I don't like it?

Reaction score
Right. Our advice is on the wrong track! It is the email which is the basic problem. Why not have a look at the built in “mail”, in the menu. Otherwise there is the online Outlook?

Reaction score
I use Thunderbird on my main PC, I have never had a problem with it.

The above link is GB English, you can select a different language if you like!. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
If I upgrade is all the documents, mail, etc cloud based or can it also be configured to store on PC too.
Yes....

If I do the office 365 trail version can I revert back to OL if I don't like it?
Yes....but AFAIK, you can't have both installed at same time. 2010 would have to be uninstalled removed first.

As to the manually updating 2010, you have to do that from within one of the programs. Open up outlook go to setting and then account and look for the update tab and click it. Something to that effect.

Reaction score
There is a member who often posts, uding 2020, who may be able to help. Not certain, but Bighorn?

Reaction score
Another new issue... I would normally just click on a PDF that was attached to mail to open... that's no longer working. I'm going to see if there is a repair option for OL and wondering if I should update to win10 1909 as it's shown in settings??

Reaction score
Long time ago, but I don’t think Outlook 2010 could open pdfs. But, you should have Edge installed, which is the default for pdf file

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
The next option and this is what I've had to do before; is uninstall and reinstall said office suite and then open outlook and re add all my email accounts. It a PITA and time consuming but sometimes it is a necessary choice.

FYI: Do you use all the software in your office suite? I mainly used Outlooks and on rare occasions used Excel, Power Point and the others. So I just quit using it. I use the Windows 10 Mail app solely for my emails. As I didn't need all or use all those features of Outlook 2016. It's your call.

Reaction score
Did win 1909 update and so far OL working, but I'm thinking of going MS 365 for all our systems at home, wife, mine, my IOS Apples. I may setup 365 on my notebook and check it out there before making the switch. I just don't like MS forcing users to "lease/rent" software!

Reaction score
The next option and this is what I've had to do before; is uninstall and reinstall said office suite and then open outlook and re add all my email accounts. It a PITA and time consuming but sometimes it is a necessary choice.

FYI: Do you use all the software in your office suite? I mainly used Outlooks and on rare occasions used Excel, Power Point and the others. So I just quit using it. I use the Windows 10 Mail app solely for my emails. As I didn't need all or use all those features of Outlook 2016. It's your call.
I have the same dillema. I scarcely use word now, and certainly not excel and the others. Mail is rather slim but does all the neccesaries

Reaction score
I seldom need Microsoft Office, for the .pdf files I don't care for the default of Edge [original or new] for those, still install Adobe Acrobat Reader and set as the default application to open them. And I mostly use Webmail/Online E-Mail, handier as I'm never on the same machine all the time.

Ask a Question