SOLVED Outlook 2010 Issue

Reaction score
I have upgraded from Win 7 and installed Office 2010, all was well for a few hours then I noticed that emails were sitting in the outbox, (I had sent about 20 or so without issue) Checked all the setting and all works fine, even sends a test email which is received ok, reports that it's not connected to the network (which it is). I setup an account in Win Mail and that won't send either, keeps trying then mail just shuts, have ran sfc /scannow but didn't help, don't understand how outlook will send a test email ok but nothing else. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing worked, have now done a clean install and installed office without outlook and am using Win mail which I don't really like, just wondered if anyone else is having issues or I'm missing something?

Thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is outlook showing any errors during sending? Any prompts?
Have you tried clearing your outbox and starting over?
Depending on your provider and whether you're using pop3 / smtp or imap you need to double check with the email hosting service and confirm that all your server address and port numbers are correct.

Reaction score
Error says not connected to network, but sends test email and is connected, all settings are fine, pop3, all ports etc correct, cleaned outbox, strange thing is all was working but just, stopped, have now been informed a lot of others getting the same issue, I'm not a complete novice as am a MCSE and CCNP but this had me stumped, all seems ok now have done a clean install and running a lot faster than before when went the upgrade route, just going to install outlook so will see........

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not a complete novice as am a MCSE and CCNP but this had me stumped,
I do know the feeling..... MCSE (NT4) MCSA (2000 & 2003) CCNA myself.... but those are really old and dusty. Still get my butt kicked all the time with problems like these.

Glad to hear that you resolved it.
Sorry to hear that it took a custom clean install to get it done.
In the long run, that is often the best course to take, and actually my preferred course of action.

Thanks for updating us with that information.

Reaction score
All working fine after clean install and the whole thing runs a lot faster than doing the upgrade so am quite happy!!

Thanks for the advice.

Ask a Question