SOLVED Outlook account was hacked need to know if scam or real

Reaction score
So my outlook account (for school) somehow got hacked and now the hacker claims to have private videos of me which of stuff i have never done nor have even heard about. I have requested a change of password.
1649679267580.png
1649679271223.png

Reaction score
IHow did this arrive _- your email by apearance?
It is more elaborate andl longer than a normal hack.
As you have already done, change your password. Very inconvenient, but a complete change of email address would be a good idea.
Personaly, I think it is a load of bs - but thatis a guess. I also doubt that a genuine hacker would be asking for such a large sum initially.
Ignore it, for starters.t If genuine, the hacker will certainly nudge you later, before taking any action.

Reaction score
i am not sure but around 2 months ago it came and he has sent two more with same message
1649681025203.png
1649681032922.png
1649681040268.png
1649681062299.png

Reaction score
As you have already done, change your password. Very inconvenient, but a complete change of email address would be a good idea.
Personaly, I think it is a load of bs - but thatis a guess. I also doubt that a genuine hacker would be asking for such a large sum initially.
Ignore it, for starters.t If genuine, the hacker will certainly nudge you later, before taking any action.
it is my school account so I do not know what to do I have contacted administrators and am waiting for a response

Reaction score
i also got email like this one before
1649681406262.png
1649681407744.png

Reaction score
Salam to you as well. God Bless. Bye
Hi Madao. It is a Scam, but combined with blackmailing. - You should report it to the police because blackmailing is a criminal offense.

Also, change the passwords that are identical to the one he put in the E-mail, and where possible activate the 2-level security check ! --- IMPORTANT: shortly after receiving that mail, they began trying to hack my other accounts where the address was used as a login ! (I guess to increase the pressure) --- If possible, change your mail address or at least activate the 2-level security.

I reported it and they police will prosecute it. - The offender used VPN to blur his real IP, but when trying to hack my Amazon account, he did it from a mobile phone and they were able to track that one. - Everyone makes mistakes...
Don't let them get away with that sort of stuff.
Peace

P.S.: probably nobody hacked you, but they certainly purchased some datasets which were leaked on the internet.

Reaction score
Hi Madao. It is a Scam, but combined with blackmailing. - You should report it to the police because blackmailing is a criminal offense.

Also, change the passwords that are identical to the one he put in the E-mail, and where possible activate the 2-level security check ! --- IMPORTANT: shortly after receiving that mail, they began trying to hack my other accounts where the address was used as a login ! (I guess to increase the pressure) --- If possible, change your mail address or at least activate the 2-level security.

I reported it and they police will prosecute it. - The offender used VPN to blur his real IP, but when trying to hack my Amazon account, he did it from a mobile phone and they were able to track that one. - Everyone makes mistakes...
Don't let them get away with that sort of stuff.
Peace

P.S.: probably nobody hacked you, but they certainly purchased some datasets which were leaked on the internet.
Cannot change the email but changed the password so yea, and my email was pwned back in 2021 and just found out so yep. Well I am less worried right now but thanks

Reaction score
There are some YouTube videos you need to watch. This is most likely some person who is trying to scam you. If he ever asks you to pay him in google play cards, then you know for sure he is a random Italian scammer who is trying to blackmail you. These people like to try and scam old Ladys and men by saying they did not pay taxes, or their daughter needs money... and children by what you have just experienced.

I mean no offence to the Italians.

The youtubers videos may have some foul language in them but I do believe he blots that out. I personally have only watched the clean ones, But I do know from others that there is some dirty language used by the scammers in some of these videos.

It is your choice to watch these.

Also Do keep your browser up to date and don't use weak passwords such as password1

Ask a Question