Outlook security certificate

Reaction score
I recently started receiving a notice saying the security certificate for outlook website (email on Win 10) is not secure. Searched web and several suggested checking and correcting the date and time, however, both are correct on my Asus laptop. I now get the same message but it allows me to go to the site anyway but now includes "this is not recommended." I am able to go to a separate tab, get the login screen, sign in and no problems. I am also able to go to outlook on my ipad. My wife has an mac and has no problem getting her mail so I would assume its not with our router/modem. Tech support wants $134 to help me but surely someone has some suggestions. Please make them simple, I'm 74 and not very computer savy

Reaction score
Is the email you are trying to get to run by Yahoo? They have been having certificate problems these last 3-4 days. My ISP in Canada uses Yahoo and it started on Thursday.

Reaction score
Is the email you are trying to get to run by Yahoo? They have been having certificate problems these last 3-4 days. My ISP in Canada uses Yahoo and it started on Thursday.

No, I am using outlook, Win 10 on Edge

Reaction score
THis is what I was thinking of in my answer , from your link Dave.

"With shared hosting solutions, your mailbox is hosted on a mail server which also hosts mailboxes for other people’s/company’s domains. This means that the mail server often can be reached not only via mail.yourdomain.com but also via mail.theirdomain.com."

Here my ISP's mail ( mydomain.com) is actually at Yahoo.com and the certificate problem was tangled up in there.

Ask a Question