SOLVED Password problem in basic boot mode

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

Having a stubborn shutting down problem and trying to solve it, I tried the clean boot mode, and since it didn't help, I checked the basic mode booting option to see if that would help.

However, I now can't access the content of my laptop, since I get the incorrect password error message. I have tried to change keyboard language setting (at the right bottom corner of the welcoming screen) , tried using the on screen keyboard as well, tried checking that the correct password had been entered with the eye option in the password box, tried different passwords - nothing works.

What are my options, from here, please?
Your help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply.

I don't understand what booting from the installation media means. If it means that I would boot from a CD or DVD, I can't, as there is no CD driver in my laptop. I also can't boot from a USB device, as all I have at the moment is a phone from which I am posting this.

Could you please advise?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You'll need access to a second working computer to create the bootable installation media.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sof...459594)(TnL5HPStwNw-WaTVja5C7z2Vs7q82apCPg)()
Use the section labeled "Use the tool to create installation media"
However, I now can't access the content of my laptop, since I get the incorrect password error message
Double check the password issue by making sure that it is not prompting you for something different than you are expecting.......
Perhaps a Microsoft Account login password

Reaction score
You were right to mention that last thing, Trouble, as the computer unexpectedly changed my usual password to my Outlook password.

So the problem is now sorted, and thank you for your time and help :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad you managed to resolve your problem.
Thanks for the follow-up info.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question