Patch Tuesday 8th May

Reaction score
A cumulative update for 1803 17134.48
Defender update of course
Windows Malware program.

All downloaded successfully However I see that "some settings are managed by your organization " message is back. About time they got rid of that for W10 HOME.

Reaction score
Just updated my PRO version at work. went very smooth without any hickups... now running 1803.17134.48

here is what was 'improved':

Improvements and fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
  • Addresses an issue with the April 2018 Windows Servicing update that causes App-V Scripts (User Scripts) to stop working.
  • Addresses an issue that may cause some devices to stop responding or working when using applications, such as Cortana or Chrome, after installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

• Addresses an issue that prevents certain VPN apps from working on builds of Windows 10, version 1803. These apps were developed using an SDK version that precedes Windows 10, version 1803, and use the public RasSetEntryProperties API.
  • Addresses additional issues with updated time zone information.
  • Addresses an issue that may cause an error when connecting to a Remote Desktop server. For more information, see CredSSP updates for CVE-2018-0886.
  • Security updates to Windows Server, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows storage and filesystems, HTML help, and Windows Hyper-V.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721

Reaction score
Thanks forgot about patch Tuesday.
Darn it and I've just got my PC running like a Swiss watch again after the 1803 update.
icon_sad.gif

Reaction score
A cumulative update for 1803 17134.48
Defender update of course
Windows Malware program.

All downloaded successfully However I see that "some settings are managed by your organization " message is back. About time they got rid of that for W10 HOME.

I saw it too on Windows 10 Pro, it appears that if you have update settings to restrict updates/restarts to when you’re not using the PC you see that message.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Well....the 1803 upgrade went flawlessly....but patch Tuesday broke my volume control knob on my Logitech G510 keyboard. WTF MS.....so I uninstalled, reboot, installed and restarted and it seems to be fine now.

Damn if it's not one thing it's always something else.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well....the 1803 upgrade went flawlessly....but patch Tuesday broke my volume control knob on my Logitech G510 keyboard. WTF MS.....so I uninstalled, reboot, installed and restarted and it seems to be fine now.

Damn if it's not one thing it's always something else.
I know a lot of us got the upgrade to 1803 on the 30th of April when it first became available, but
May 8th (Update Tuesday) it was suppose to be rolling out more broadly without manually prompting the Windows Update utility.
I'm a bit surprised that we aren't seeing a lot more issues as a result.

Ask a Question