July Patch Tuesday KB 402534 arrived

Reaction score
Windows 10 update KB4025342 Build 15063.483 Changelog
  • Addressed issue introduced by KB4022716 where Internet Explorer 11 may close unexpectedly when you visit some websites.
  • Addressed issue to improve MediaCreationTool.exe support for Setup Tourniquet scenarios.
  • Addressed issue with CoreMessaging.dll that may cause 32-bit apps to crash on the 64-bit version of the Windows OS.
  • Addressed an issue where Visual Studio or a WPF application may terminate unexpectedly (stops responding, followed by a crash) when running on a pen and/or touch enabled machine with Windows 10 Creators Update.
  • Addressed issue that causes the system to crash when certain USB devices are unplugged while the system is asleep.
  • Addressed issues with screen orientation that stops working after lid close and lid open transitions.
  • Addressed issue that causes .jpx and .jbig2 images to stop rendering in PDF files.
  • Addressed issue where users could not elevate to Administrator through the User Account Control (UAC) dialog when using a smart card.
  • Addressed issue where input using the Korean handwriting feature dropped the last character of a word or moved it to the next line incorrectly.
  • Addressed issue with a race condition between the App-V Catalog Manager and the Profile Roaming Service. A new registry key is available to control the waiting period for App-V Catalog Manager, which allows any third-party Profile Roaming Service to complete.
  • Security updates to Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge, Windows Search, Windows kernel, Windows shell, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Virtualization, Datacenter Networking, Windows Server, Windows Storage and File Systems, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, ASP.NET, Microsoft PowerShell, and the .NET Framework.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yes a nice easy update.

One thing to note though is those using Comodo Internet Security Suite need to update that to latest build, otherwise Windows Update will not be delivered to them, as older builds of Comodo will not work in this update.

Reaction score
One thing to note though is those using Comodo Internet Security Suite need to update that to latest build, otherwise Windows Update will not be delivered to them, as older builds of Comodo will not work in this update.
The same might apply to AVG which also struggles to work correctly after a major update, I don't really know about other AV apps as I have only really worked with Avira and AVG in the past couple of years!. ;)

Regedit32

Reaction score
The same might apply to AVG which also struggles to work correctly after a major update, I don't really know about other AV apps as I have only really worked with Avira and AVG in the past couple of years!.

I think you'll find AVG is fine with this update.

I mentioned Comodo as the offical write up on the update from Microsoft noted this issue which Comodo informed them about; thus it was listed on the Known issues with this update posting. There was no mention of any other third party antivirus / security software here.

Having said that, it doesn't do any harm to click the learn more in Update & security before installing an update, as Microsoft can from time to time, update their known issues, when more information comes to hand.

Reaction score
Hi,

I got it this morning and it was like last month, fast and efficient ! :)
I'm using Kaspersky and I haven't seen any issues so far.

Have a Nice Day ;) JAY B.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
For some strange reason I got this update today KB4025376
2017-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems
Which required another reboot.
Kinda surprised that it didn't come with yesterdays Cumulative Update, but all I got with that one, was an Office Update.

Did anyone else get it today
OR
Yesterday??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I got it yesterday, with the cumulative
That makes sense.
And made me wonder why I didn't, as typically in the past they have always came separate but at the same time.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Yeah I got it yesterday as well as the latest MRT update as well.

That is odd you did not get it at the same time.

Reaction score
No issues with this update except on my windows insider machine (slow ring). That took 9 hours, and 1 hour to reset all my defaults and some other settings.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That is odd you did not get it at the same time.
I know. I did get the MSRT the same day as the CU.

Capture2.PNG

Reaction score
I just got the Adobe Flash update today and it did not require a reboot. It may not have shown up at the same time as the cumulative if it was placed on the server later. A Clean install I did today got both updates at the same time.

The fact I never got 2716 may be involved with the required reboot.. not sure.

I just did another machine without 2716 and it installed both updates but only the cumulative showed as needing a reboot.

Reaction score
Hi,

I got the cumulative first, requiring a reboot early this morning.
And before noon I received the Adobe Flash update and it didn't require a reboot.

But everything went well ! :)

Reaction score
My system is now going through the file check it seems to do every so often. I know when that happens because the bottom of this 13" 2-in-1 system can get to 112° F while the process is running.

I can't help but think the process is going to shorten the life of the system.

ModuleInstaller.JPG

Reaction score
I just got a notice from a KB4022716 system about rebooting after the Adobe update..

Update3.JPG

Reaction score
I got both Updates as well for a single restart yet a manual installation of the Flash player update did not require a restart.

Reaction score
I got 4 updates yesterday on 2 computers and was asked to do a restart which I did, all is well here. :)

update history 2.JPG

Ask a Question