PC does not wake from Sleep Mode

Reaction score
Windows 10 x64 desktop BIOS legacy. Fresh reinstallation of Windows, but the PC cannot wake up after it has fallen asleep, no matter what settings I use in the Power Settings. I have set the PC screen to sleep after about 1hour, and the Disks to sleep after 4 hours. After the disks go to sleep, the PC cannot wake up, it does not matter if I push the keyboard or click and move the mouse. I have also tried to click the Power button on the Desktop itself, and there is no response. I have confirmed the monitor is on, and all cables plugged in.

When the PC is unable to wake up from Sleep Mode, I can hold the Power button on the PC for 4 seconds, it does a rough shut down, and then I am able to push the power button to turn it back on, and it works normally on the screen.

What is causing this issue? This did not used to happen. I do not want to buy a new PC. What are some settings or troubleshooting I can do that I have not already talked about above? Thanks!

Ask a Question