I need a CALENDAR on my Windoes 10 Laptop to remind me of appointments

Reaction score
I can not find anything on Windows 10 to write appointments, meetings, etc. The internet has been no help as it assumes the app is already on my laptop.
How do I download, refresh... as I need CALENDAR REMINDERS.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Windows 10 has a calendar. It should be in the Start Menu. If it isn't, press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type or paste the following into the "Open" box and click "OK". Be sure to include the colon.

outlookcal:

Ben

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did as you said and got a window that said: [could not 'capture' as it disappears the moment I touch any key]

"You will need a new app to open this outlookcal link. Look for an app in the Microsoft Stote.
OK
Always use this app"

Reaction score
Yes Ben it surely would seem so wouldn't it. It boggles my mind for Microsoft NOT to think one that owns a laptop or a Desktop would not like a basic CALENDAR included with a CALCULATOR, etc with Windows to help keep track of ones schedule, appointments, birthdays, anniversaries... I never would have imagined this.

Reaction score
OK, went to MICROSOFT STORE and found "MY CALENDAR". Installed, activated.. tried to enter my Wife's Birthday.
NOT one page allowed me to "enter data", Not one. Every page said: NO Birthdays, NO this and NO that...of course, one has to ENTER DATA first don't they?

What am I missing to get Windows 10 to contain a simple task like "keeping track of 'things' by the day of a crappy year?
What am I missing? Maybe I need to PAY? They did not ask me to pay...

Reaction score
Ben: "I also get a calendar when I left-click on the clock in the lower right corner."

Mine is in the left... as I use the vertical Menu.. but I do not get anything that says "CALENDAR".

I installed "MY CALENDAR" from "MY STORE" but it refuses to allow me to "enter any data".

Reaction score
You might try resetting the Mail and Calendar apps. Go to "Settings", "Apps", scroll down and click "Mail and Calendar", click "Advanced Options", then scroll down and click "Reset". Please be advised that if you use Windows Mail, all emails will be deleted and the app will be completely reset.

Ben

Reaction score
  1. I dont have a "Mail and Calendar" app? Nor a "calendar" app [not found] but it found a "mail" but...

BUT when I search for "My Calendar" I loaded from the "Microsoft Store" it stupidily says:

1620776639115.jpeg

Reaction score
"required component"? hardly a name one can look for or download....

WHAT to look for to download would have nice for a "clue"?

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF AN APP I CAN INSTALL IN WINDOWS 10 [FREE PREFERRED] TO USE AND EXECUTE WITHIN WINDOWS THAT WORKS?

PLEASE.

Reaction score
Because we have Ipads and Iphones as well as Windows we use Icloud calendar. Works OK

Reaction score
Are you sure you don't have the default 'mail and calendar' app installed? Tap the windows key, and start typing the word 'calendar', and it should come up in the choices. I've never heard of an installation of Windows 10 without it, but if you somehow managed to delete it, it's in the Microsoft Store. Open the store, click the search item in the upper right, type 'calendar', and (at least on my rig) it's the first offering. Don't dub around with 3rd party 'My Calendar' stuff, get the MS app. Birthdays are taken from your contacts - anyone you want to be reminded about, make an entry for them in contacts and add their birthday. You can make appointments with reminders, task lists, etc.

It's there, you just need to slow down and find it.

Ask a Question