I need a CALENDAR on my Windoes 10 Laptop to remind me of appointments

Reaction score
The Win10 Calendar in the Notification Area can have things entered like appointments, don't know if it will notify the user.

Reaction score
Before you go searching for a different calendar app go ahead and fix the one you have. That error that popped up about the missing component? Just click the OK button, the app will know what the missing component is and install it. Hopefully that's all you will need to do to get it working again.

I say hopefully because my Mail/Calendar app had a meltdown yesterday, for some reason nothing from my account would load and it took me a couple of hours of messing around to fix it.

Reaction score
I can not find anything on Windows 10 to write appointments, meetings, etc. The internet has been no help as it assumes the app is already on my laptop.
How do I download, refresh... as I need CALENDAR REMINDERS.

Thanks.

Do a start menu search for calendar. Windows has a built in calendar app.

Calendar1.png

Calendar2.png

Click on any day, and it opens a drop down that allows a new entry. It's a decent calendar.
Calendar3.png

Reaction score
I also get a calendar when I left-click on the clock in the lower right corner.

Ben
Have resisted going from a paper calendar to a digital one. After reading this thread I thought maybe it's time. Did the right click on the clock and found the calendar. Entered appts for Monday. Great! But I have a lot of recurring appts. No Copy and Paste available. Even if I drag a Monday appt to Tuesday I lose the Monday appt. So close to what I need. Back to paper I guess.

Reaction score
There are many Calendar apps. Most require you to Sign in to whatever website they are part of. The one with Edge is Outlook and it is all versions of Microsoft. With Google, it's listed as Google Calendar. Both require you to sign in to the the various browsers. I like the Google Calendar. Has lots of options and is FREE. Some Calendar apps are not and require a subscription.

Reaction score
I can not find anything on Windows 10 to write appointments, meetings, etc. The internet has been no help as it assumes the app is already on my laptop.
How do I download, refresh... as I need CALENDAR REMINDERS.

Thanks.
I originally looked under Windows Programs and couldn't find it but now it is listed under 'C' on the start menu. Just says calendar and that's the windows one. Really easy to use.

Loopy

Reaction score
Perfect for old people that used to make brief reminder notes in the paper calendars that would hang on the wall.
If a simple windows desktop (only) reminder calendar is wanted. The free app named "desktop calendar" works well for me. This calendar is so simple old-school with no bells and whistles, it could have work on even the earliest versions of windows. The calendar remains open on the desktop in a background mode that all other windows or message boxes display on top of the calendar. When these other windows get closed the calendar is still there. You cannot help from seeing it all day long. It is auto started at startup. You double click in any day to enter a short reminder phrase. If the reminder phrase is very short you can have 4 or 5 reminders for each day. Background color of days can be set to draw more attention to some days. Not for sharing calendar events with others. Not for most people that enjoy Microsoft Calendar or similar calendars.

Perfect for old people that used to make brief reminder notes in the paper calendars that would hang on the wall.

Reaction score
I find the easiest way to discover which apps are hiding on my system is to view the 'Hidden Applications' folder itself. It lists ALL applications installed on your particular version of Windows. Here's how to view this hidden folder...

On your Desktop, Right Click the Desktop and choose New Shortcut,

When asked to 'Type the location of the item' - paste the following:

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

on the next screen name the shortcut to something like 'Hidden Apps' or 'All Apps'

Now when you open this folder you can see if a Calendar app is already installed.

Hand Hint!
---------------
If you want to create shortcuts to any of these hidden apps on your desktop, simply Right Click the chosen app choose Create Shortcut. Windows will then offer to save that shortcut to your desktop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I find the easiest way to discover which apps are hiding on my system is to view the 'Hidden Applications' folder itself. It lists ALL applications installed on your particular version of Windows. Here's how to view this hidden folder...

on the next screen name the shortcut to something like 'Hidden Apps' or 'All Apps'

Now when you open this folder you can see if a Calendar app is already installed.

Hand Hint!
---------------
If you want to create shortcuts to any of these hidden apps on your desktop, simply Right Click the chosen app choose Create Shortcut. Windows will then offer to save that shortcut to your desktop.
Cool trick! Thanks!

Reaction score
I use Google Calendar. Web based on Windows, but native apps on other platforms. My phone, tablet and desktop are always synchronized. I can set notifications to occur at any time period before the event.

Reaction score

Hand Hint!
---------------
This is a very useful tip Many thanks

Reaction score
How about Mozilla Sunbird? While no longer supported by Mozilla, it is available in a portable version from Portableapps. Being portable means that it does not use the Registry. It also means that, if you prefer, you can install it on a flash drive and run it from any Windows PC. It's free from https://portableapps.com/apps/office/sunbird_portable

Note that I have not tried it myself

Ask a Question