PC Doesn't See Wireless HP Printer After Windows 10 Upgrade

Reaction score
Upgraded a client's Windows 8.1 machine to Windows 10 Pro today and it's now unable to "see" the HP OfficeJet 6600 wireless printer directly behind it. I've assigned the printer a static IP address and I CAN ping it AND print to it from a wireless computer in the back office. However, I can NOT either ping it or print to it from the front computer. The Add Printer wizard never sees it either.

In my gut I KNOW this is a setting on the machine somewhere, but two of us have looked and it all looks right. The computer has both a wired Ethernet and a wireless adapter. Both are enabled and show up in IPCONFIG.

What could I be missing?

Reaction score
Is the printer set up with all the connections that HP do? Eprint and all that stuff?

Is Windows firewall allowing the port the printer uses through?

I have a wireless HP 7520 and W10 ( insider on some machines from way back and the retail upgrade as well) just found it on its own but they found it as HPxxxxxx rather than by its IP address. I do have UPNP turned on.
My printer has a static IP as well, although W10 found it without.

Can you access the printers internal web site via IP from W10

Ask a Question