Pc wont start correctly

Reaction score
Pc wont start correctly and automatic repair, advance options all will not work

Reaction score
Automatic repair
Your pc did not start correctly
It says try restart no good tried all the advanced options and it keeps going back to the blue screen which says your pc did not start
I have tried all the advanced options
Help
John

Reaction score
Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong, something to help pin down where to look for the problem?

When you try to run a Startup repair, what happens and how many times have you done that?

Specific info about what happens when you try something and may help.

Reaction score
Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong, something to help pin down where to look for the problem?

When you try to run a Startup repair, what happens and how many times have you done that?

Specific info about what happens when you try something and may help.
The pc said something was not right and windows would repair,but it seemed to freeze and after about 4 hours nothing had happened so switched the pc off.
Since then all it opens at is the automatic repair blue screen I have tried all the options offered restart,advanced options but it keeps returning to the repair screen

Reaction score
Since Microsoft decided to make Win 8/10 self-healing, it can be very frustrating trying to get past such a situation. Since it isn't giving any specific messages, such no boot device, I will assume it is not booting correctly because of a hard drive situation.

Have you tried booting to external media, such as the Win 10 install media? If you could you may be able to check some things from there.

Have you checked your Bios to make sure those settings are correct and the correct device is set as first boot priority? Is the drive recognized in the Bios.

Since it is a Windows Message, the system must be seeing the Recovery Tools but may not be able to see the boot files it needs. This is one thing you can check from the Media or if you can get into a Command Prompt window from the recovery options you are seeing now. Keep in mind, you can get into a situation where the full set of recovery options are not available if the recovery tools are not starting from the normal place.

Reaction score
One more thing, if while going through the recovery options, if you see an option to Cancel, try that.

I once tested the recovery system by deleting the boot files. Windows repaired itself and did not know it had done so. After I canceled the system booted normally.

Ask a Question