People app. not syncing with Google Contacts

Reaction score
I've got long experience of using Windows, now specifically Windows 10 latest version, additionally for the last 5 years I've also been using Samsung Android phones and Tablets. I have therefore built up two Contact lists, one Windows People app. based, and the second Google Contacts based. I have read that these contacts can be synced (or combined), using the People app., but I am not getting past ground zero !! It appears many people have got this to work, but when I try to "Add an Account" within Settings of the People app. I get an error code !! The "Add an Account" function allows me to add my Google Account UserName, then on the next screen I can add my correct Google Password, which all seems to be accepted, but when I click to Add the Account it comes back with a dialogue box stating "Something went wrong" and an Error Code: 0x8000000b. I have Reset the People app., and Restarted my Laptop, however, this has not changed anything. Can anyone help with this please, I would very much appreciate it.

Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Why can't you just import your contacts from one to the other? Adding a account wont sync contacts. Adding an account is just that.

Reaction score
Why can't you just import your contacts from one to the other? Adding a account wont sync contacts. Adding an account is just that.
Well, my Contact lists are not static, they are changing all the time. Therefore, I am attracted to the "syncing" aspect of what is advertised by Microsoft and Google for these features. So, if I add a new contact in one list, both lists are "synced and updated". That is what others are achieving, and it is what I would like to achieve. Thanks for your suggestion, which I will probably end up doing anyway !!

Ask a Question