SOLVED Permission Denied on removing folders and files.

Reaction score
Well, I was trying to remove some files and this happened. I tried turning off the respective program ( steam ) and restarting, but I still don't have the permission.
There is only one account in this PC and my username is Anson. I tried to find my account on Computer Management, but the windows 10 local users and groups are missing. Command Prompt also shows that "Anson" is an admin. But when I tries to promote "Anson" to admin, it says Access is denied.
pycXSau.jpg

Reaction score
Open control panel User Accounts yo can check, modify AnsonPC2016 account.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It looks like I have completely lost my Admin rights
IF that is in fact the case, one way you might be able to confirm, is to see if you can right click the Start Button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
IF you can do that, then you can add a new local user to the local administrators group and perhaps work from there.
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith

Reaction score
IF that is in fact the case, one way you might be able to confirm, is to see if you can right click the Start Button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
IF you can do that, then you can add a new local user to the local administrators group and perhaps work from there.
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
Restart and log in as JohnSmith
Thanks sir, you inspired me. I googled on the internet and found the buttons for not using any email address to create a new account on my PC. Although the new account still lacks parts of the Admin rights, I was able to make Steam install a program onto the directory I stated on the picture above. That solved my problem. Thanks guys!

Ask a Question