SOLVED Admin Permission

Reaction score
Won 10 Although I am admin I still can't open certain files without permission any advice please??

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It might be helpful if you could provide some specifics as to exactly which files and or folders you are having trouble with.
The names including file extension(s).
Where they are located (full path).
The source of the files, where did they come from (email, downloaded, etc.)
Specific issue (error, message, etc.,) when you attempt to access.

Reaction score
When I clear junk files Some Temp files cannot be removed.
I have tried everything I can think of to find out why. See file enclosed.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 470

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Some temp files are generated as needed and cannot be deleted as they are in use by the program that generated them.
IF they are not cleaned up afterwards you might want to try adding this little "Take Ownership" option to your right click menu and see if using that to take ownership will allow you to then delete them.
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
The small file download is at the bottom of the article which will make the task quite simple.....
OR
Simply use this link
https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Take-Ownership-Menu-Hacks.zip

Reaction score
Use CCleaner and don't worry about a fly on the windshield of life.
I wouldn't be worrying about 132K temp files. It appears that the temp file is being used by Chrome and most likely will be (if selected) deleted along with browser cookies when you close Chrome. If you were to use CCleaner to remove temp files, it would request you to close your browser so it can clean the temp files, cookies and cache.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I downloaded the wee prog. and it worked.
I don't use cc I use Revo prof. Usually it cleared all but a couple of files but lately a whole stream refused to budge.
Will be happy to disregard the fly on my windscreen ;) at my age why worry!

Ask a Question