Windows 10 asks for Administrator Permission for f@$%$#ng everything

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 10 for a few months now and I'm really bothered by how it asks me for Administrator Permission whenever I try to do ANYTHING on the computer. Moving a folder, putting something into a folder, deleting a picture, moving something off a flashdrive, etc, even though I AM the administrator as well as the only account on the computer.
All I really have to do is click the shield button once but it gets so f*cking frustrating when I have to move or delete several files at once. Is there any way to make the administrator permission settings any less strict? I don't care about the risks if there are any.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked your User Account Control settings to make sure it is not set too high.
Should be defaulting as displayed below

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Is your account a Standard account or an Admin account??

Never mind... I overread that in your statement......

Reaction score
Have you checked your User Account Control settings to make sure it is not set too high.
Should be defaulting as displayed below

View attachment 5545
Yes, I have mine set to the second from the bottom, yet it still asks me for admin permission for something as stupid as renaming a folder! I understand getting alerts for downloading a program or something but this is just obnoxious.
FYI I have read about how you can edit folders to give users more permissions/access, but if I have to go through all that effort every time I create a folder or move a document then I may as well just not even do it. I want to find out if there's a way to get rid of permissions altogether.

Reaction score
And I have mine turned off and it still ask for permissions. Never before Windows 10 did I ever have need in "taking ownership" or running applications with "Run As Administrator". There is absolutely no way for someone to have full control of their system without the nags.

Ask a Question