Personalized Settings not loading after update

Reaction score
Every time there is an update to Windows 10, my personalized settings won't load and I have to reboot like 6 times. I thought Microsoft was working on a solution last year. Has there been one? How do I get around this issue?

Reaction score
My version is 1709. I have Windows 10 home. I will try to update with your link. thank you.

Reaction score
I did the update link and got the update complete message but when I went back in, I still have the same version, 1709??

Reaction score
Ursula Hi! In the Run box type "Winver" Click on the run command. If your PC updates are current, you should see Microsoft Windows Version 1709 (OS build 16299.371)

Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what I have. So I shouldn't get stuck on personalized settings with the next update??

Reaction score
Hi Ursula,

a bit drastic but you could reset your PC (and keep your files if you click the correct box). This would be time consuming but does solve major headaches in W10:

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/reset-windows-10-when-windows-wont-boot.14/

You can also try something a little more simple like scan disk:

1. Press Windows key + E on your keyboard to open File Explorer.
  2. In the File Explorer window, click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
  3. A list of drives is displayed on the right side of the window. Right-click on the drive you want to run Scandisk on and select Properties.
  4. In the Properties window, click on the Tools tab.
  5. Click the Check button in the Error Checking section.
The computer needs to restart to run Scandisk without any interruptions.

upload_2018-4-19_5-15-59.png

I hope it helps!.:)

Ask a Question