Upgrade stuck at personalized settings

Reaction score
When I got the windows ten upgrade notification this morning the while thing went pretty fast, but now for the past 7 hours, it has been stuck on a black screen with nothing but a white box I. The top left corner saying - Personalized Settings- setting up personalized settings for : Web platform customizations. Please help me!!!

Reaction score
Hey, could you tell me whether the download started after you got the notification or you got the notification after the download was over? I am running Windows 7 and I have already reserved my copy. I am not sure, though, as to when I'll see the notification.

Glo

Reaction score
Hey, could you tell me whether the download started after you got the notification or you got the notification after the download was over? I am running Windows 7 and I have already reserved my copy. I am not sure, though, as to when I'll see the notification.
I didn't exactly get a notification: I clicked on the icon to start the download.

Reaction score
When I clicked on the ' get Windows 10' app's icon, the app opened and then I got the option to reserve a copy for myself. I clicked on it, but it didn't ask for my email id and it now shows that I'll get a notification when the upgrade is available for me. Not sure if I'll get it after the files are downloaded or before.

Reaction score
When I got the windows ten upgrade notification this morning the while thing went pretty fast, but now for the past 7 hours, it has been stuck on a black screen with nothing but a white box I. The top left corner saying - Personalized Settings- setting up personalized settings for : Web platform customizations. Please help me!!!
I had the same issue. Hit ctrl+alt+delete and chose sign out. Signed right back in and no problem. Better than forcing the computer down and starting again.

Reaction score
Now. I have a same trouble. When I got the windows ten upgrade notification this morning the while thing went pretty fast, but now for the past 7 hours, it has been stuck on a black screen with nothing but a white box I. The top left corner saying - Personalized Settings- setting up personalized settings for : Web platform customizations. Please help me!!!.

PPE

Reaction score
Actually not sure where I was in the download for windows 10 (current windows is 7) but it is frozen at
Setting up personalized settings for: Web Platform Customizations problem. It shows the spinning circle but won't move. I have tried to shut it off and it just goes back to this screen.
Any ideas?

Reaction score
Same problem! After shut it off and on, back to the same screen. Then I tried the old windows rule when there is no other idea. I just pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del and then from the menu that came up, I pressed "exit" or whatever is in your language (I run the greek one). Then it asked me my password and now I have the Windows 10 desktop in my laptop.
I hope it will help you!

Reaction score
Hey guys. If you have the flight mode button or a shortcut assigned to a 'flight mode on' option, just press that and the window should go away.

Reaction score
Hey guys. If you have the flight mode button or a shortcut assigned to a 'flight mode on' option, just press that and the window should go away.

Wow... THAT DID THE TRICK!!! I've been researching and trying to fix this issue from about 3am to noon and NO one suggested this on any other website (the majority of the comments on other websites including Microsoft's just said "just restart your computer and it will fix itself") SMH.

Thank you!!

Reaction score
The problem is an issue with checking a network connection on startup after the update. Use Ctrl-alt-del. Select the network or wifi icon and disable it. Then select sign off. Next sign on will bypass the issue and windows 10 explorer will run. Once you are up, turn network/wifi back on. The problem will not repeat after that.

Reaction score
Me too today. Restarted 6 times and still not loading and opening

Reaction score
All you need to do is sign out after you push ctrl, alt, del. Then restart and problem solved!

Ask a Question