SOLVED Photo App shows black box with Fwd/Bwd arrows.

Reaction score
When I open a photo, at the bottom center it plops in a black box with arrows to go Fwd / Back and a Trash Can icon. I just want the picture! No added fluff. Is there a way to stop this from appearing?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think that you will find that most, if not all photo viewers come with, at a minimum, some navigation button.
IF you just want to view the image, then open it with Internet Explorer, it will open most poplular photo file types (.jpg .bmp .png etc)

Reaction score
I would be ok with it if the navigation was just below the photo but it plops it right on top of the lower portion of the photo. Dang! Thanks for the advise. I will wait a bit before closing this just in case someone knows a work around. Looks like Mike Collins Oct 10, 2015 had the opposite problem, he Wanted the black box and was not getting it! So did a re-install... yikes! More than I care to attempt.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
it plops it right on top of the lower portion of the photo
That has not been my experience with the "Photo" app.

Capture.PNG

Regardless of window size it always appears as shown in the image above, so.....
I suspect that it might be related to the actual image size and its' vertical / height proportion
Something that is 640 x 480 would likely display or show in the app, differently than something 1920 x 1080
Just a guess.
Windows Photo Viewer a standard Win32 application, which I believe is still native in Windows 10, might be a better choice for your purposes.

T_J

Reaction score
I use a Windows 10 on a desktop. After double clicking to view the jpg, if there is any room on left or right side of picture, just click with your mouse once or twice slowly on the left or right side of picture. (lower black box should disappear until you move your mouse).

FYI: I'm still lurking, just don't know much.

Reaction score
That has not been my experience with the "Photo" app.

View attachment 4927

Regardless of window size it always appears as shown in the image above, so.....
I suspect that it might be related to the actual image size and its' vertical / height proportion
Something that is 640 x 480 would likely display or show in the app, differently than something 1920 x 1080
Just a guess.
Windows Photo Viewer a standard Win32 application, which I believe is still native in Windows 10, might be a better choice for your purposes.

Reaction score
You got it! The photo size was too big and was overlaying the Black Navigation Box. Kind of pain to resize each photo if I want to go that route. Thanks! Might look into Paint.Net as default viewer.

Reaction score
Might want to consider Irfanview or Faststone Imageviewer as alternative

Ask a Question