SOLVED Problem with W10 Photos app

Reaction score
Hi team can you help please?
When using the W10 app Photos to import pictures from any source no thumbnails are showing. So I am not able to decide which pictures to import. The boxes appear with a blue line around the box but no thumbnail picture to see. I have looked in the settings but there is no option to switch on or off the thumbnails. I am able to import but I then have to delete which ones I do not want.

Thank you,
Michael.

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

open Explorer > View > Options > Change folder and search options > View > Always show icons, never thumbnails (Remove tick > Apply:

folder view.JPG

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, thanks for your quick response. But sad to say my folder options are the same as yours with no tick in the box. I had looked at this before from a suggestion elsewhere. Annoyingly all my photo folders I have the thumbnails. It is only when I use the Photos app from W10 it shows how many to import but there are no images? I can remember before seeing them. I wonder if a W10 update has changed the app?
Regards, Michael.

Reaction score
HI Michael,

I am running ver 1703 fully updated and it is working here, are you absolutely positive that the tick is out before clicking on apply?. :)

Do you have the latest version of W10 installed?:
Yes 1703

Yup def no tick in the box. Is there a way of re-installing Photos? I can live with it but it is a pain as I like the app very much. It sorts out my pictures better than anything else. I have noticed I have advanced settings for the app in settings but it will delete any date and preferences including sign in details. What do you think?

Michael.

Reaction score
Yup def no tick in the box. Is there a way of re-installing Photos? I can live with it but it is a pain as I like the app very much. It sorts out my pictures better than anything else.

I have the latest version 1703

Reaction score
Have manage to sort it. It was quite simple really.

All setting/apps & features/photos/ advanced options/ reset

Many thanks for your help,

Regards, Michael.

Ask a Question