Copy an e-mailed pic into photos app

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been sent a couple of photos by email. I can copy them into 'pictures' on the C drive. But I'm dashed if I know how to then put a copy into the photos app. Can someone please tell me? Thank you.

Reaction score
Feathers I've never used the photos app. However, I just followed your post, opened my email, selected one containing a picture. Opened the attached pic using browser (Edge) then I selected "File Save As" selected C:\Pictures. Opened the Windows Photo app and the picture was in the photos app along with other C:\Pictures for viewing. It works for me.

The only difference in the procedures that I see is I used "File Save As" in the browser. You mention that you copied the email att. pic into C:\Pictures.
Try opening in your browser > and use "File Save As.

Reaction score
Norton, thank you for your kind reply. When I open a picture sent in an e-mail I don't get a "File Save As" option to select. I get a "Save Frame As" option. Nevertheless I selected "Save Frame As" and selected C:/Pictures. But nothing happens! The picture is neither in my Pictures nor in the Photos App. I wondered whether this might be because unlike you I am using Firefox. So I went over to Edge (just temporarily for this experiment) and tried again. But no luck I'm afraid. Not sure where I go next but many, many thanks for kindly trying to help. My kind regards to you.

Reaction score
Mind if I add to this? In Firefox and Webmail such as Hotmail.com, Outlook.com or my installed E-Mail client I can right-click an image and get several choices such as View, Copy or Save then point to the Pictures Folder for the destination. When posting in a reply on Forums or an E-Mail just have point to that location and choose the image.

Reaction score
Feathers Check your default download folder, the pic could be there?
Firefox my browser has exactly the same options as Bighorn posted. "Save As" opens File Explorer and points to the default C:\users download folder, from there I can select "Pics Folder"

Ask a Question