photo viewing

Reaction score
how can I view my photo,s in 10 , when I try it just says cannot open and of 188 new pictures I put into the computer only 25 are viewable. I have photo,s dating back to2007 when I first started taking then but I cannot find then on this OS

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have photo,s dating back to2007 when I first started taking then but I cannot find then on this OS
Do a search of your hard disk for *.jpg or whatever extension is associated with your photo / camera format.
They could almost be anywhere, including the Windows.OLD folder I suppose, so locating them would be the first step.
After which you can tell the photo app, where they are and that will help as it only initially searches one or two default locations.
If you are one of the many, who are not particularly enamored with the new Photo App, you might want to switch your default viewer to something else.
The older "Windows Photo Viewer" should still be there as a potential option.

Reaction score
Do a search of your hard disk for *.jpg or whatever extension is associated with your photo / camera format.
They could almost be anywhere, including the Windows.OLD folder I suppose, so locating them would be the first step.
After which you can tell the photo app, where they are and that will help as it only initially searches one or two default locations.
If you are one of the many, who are not particularly enamored with the new Photo App, you might want to switch your default viewer to something else.
The older "Windows Photo Viewer" should still be there as a potential option.

Can you tell me how to switch from the Photo app to a different one? I went into default settings for the picture viewing app and switched to Windows live photo gallery, and that works for the thumbnail view, but when I open an individual picture to view it, it comes up in the Photo app. Which I hate!
Thanks for your help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button, select control panel, changes View by: Small Icons (top right corner).
Select "Default Programs"
Then select "Set your default programs"
Give it a second to enumerate installed applications, then
On the left, scroll as necessary, select the program you want, then
At the bottom select
Set this program as default
That should pretty much do it.

Reaction score
Right click the start button, select control panel, changes View by: Small Icons (top right corner).
Select "Default Programs"
Then select "Set your default programs"
Give it a second to enumerate installed applications, then
On the left, scroll as necessary, select the program you want, then
At the bottom select
Set this program as default
That should pretty much do it.

Thanks for that!
It worked.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score