Pictures not staying up

Reaction score
When I wish to view my pictures, some stay up while others will only stay up for about 5 or 6 seconds.

I was advised to change the settings in the defaulting pictures properties; but they are all the same settings for those that stay open and those that don’t. It’s crazy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When I wish to view my pictures, some stay up while others will only stay up for about 5 or 6 seconds.
View your pictures how? Using what? Are we talking about the new "Photos App"?
Has it finished indexing all your pictures?
Are you talking about the default "Collection" view or after you select a particular picture from the "Collection" for viewing as a standalone image?
When you open a folder containing a group of images in File Explorer using "Extra Large Icons" do the thumbnails appear properly?
Does your "Pictures" folder contain other file formatted images other than typical .jpg, .png, .bmp type file formats?

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry to be tardy replying, your response popped up on my spare PC, and I hadn’t noticed it till now

“View pictures how”, as per normal off the various picture folders to screen (I use desktops)

By “Photos App”, you mean what? I simply open the folder as normal via the My PC (as Explorer used to be) from whichever source I have the pictures filed (standalone memories). It doesn’t need to index my photos, how I want my photos catalogued and indexed is surely my call not MS function? They are obviously normally date stamped, but not always as it depends on the source, but always .jpg or .bmp. I do use other formats, .wsn and others but not on these PCs and Win 10. So this question is not really understood.

As to folders, I simply dismount the SD cards from my camera sources and transfer any photographs that I wish to retain, as I have always done via a card reader and drag and drop to the respective folder. A system that has served me well since the original Win 95: therefore the formats are always .jpg or .bmp

The problem can occur when viewing standalone or sometimes during a slideshow it will stop and close the viewer (it appears to be always at the same pictures, but 100% sure).

The thumbnails are always clear, there is no indication as to which photos will open or not. I assume that it is a format hitch, but there is no indication as to what

Hope this makes sense? Is sure doesn't to me

Richard

Ask a Question