Possible? Add option to boot from separate, new "Full" Win10Pro x64 on Sata SSD (without changing factory-installed Win10Pro x64 on NVMe)

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for any input on this proposed change to my Win10 Pro system:
My 4-year old Workstation is running very well, but its boot NVMe is only 256GB, with about 25GB free.

One of my key apps will require me to remain at Win10 Pro x64 and specifically not Win 11Pro.

As a computer user, I am not terribly experienced in Win10 installation and upgrade concepts, I have had two workstations in about 12 years, and both came with pre-installed OS and drivers from the vendor website.

I don't know if what I am imagining is possible:

My hope is at power-up, to get the choice of either booting normally from my factory-original System/NVMe, or booting into the new Win10 Pro x64 license from a 500GB or 1TB Sata internally mounted SSD. If I had to boot into BIOS everytime I wanted to boot into the new Win10Pro on Sata SSD vs. NVMe, I can live with that, especially if that assures keeping the original system working, as-was. (Someday, I may want to use that Full license, on a different PC, right?)

On the new Win10Pro Sata-SSD, I would attempt to re-install my key apps, drivers and hopefully make SSD clones or Back-Ups onto SSDs that I could easily swap out as needed-- perhaps to a Win11 version, as an upgrade, later on.

If this seems do-able, especially the notion of not disturbing my existing system, please let me know, including any pitfalls you might expect.

I am not thinking of doing this immediately, but I want to gather some pointers, learn more. I *think* purchasing a Full Win10 license would permit a period of MicroSoft phone support, so any views on that process would be instructive.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes it is possible. google search it and with correct set of searches it will be there.
I forgot the instructions so I have nothing to give to you right now.

Ask a Question