SOLVED Powertoys installed fails to open.

Reaction score
I installed Power toys v19, clicking the icon fails to open after clicking run as administrator. It shows in Start>settings>system. Has anyone else installed this software from Microsoft, experienced this malfunction?

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

I haven't used it but try and see if you can troubleshoot the app in Settings > Apps > Apps & Features, select app name and click on the app and then advanced options and see if there is a troubleshoot/repair option. ;)

1595613071236.png

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
Followed your instructions, thank you. There was one reference to Power toys, but nothing in Troubleshoot or advanced option that I can see. Certainly as things are at the moment, removed Power tools as a precaution, really feel could cause trouble.

Reaction score
Hi Wolffie,

I tried GitHub version and one showing .msi. Both appear to install, on clicking icon absolutely nothing happens, I download Power toys preview and that seems the end of it.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

All references to Power toys have failed to open including Preview and .msi. Preview was tried first uninstalled and Power toys.msi then tried. At present, no versions are installed in computer.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

it might be a silly question but is your computer 64 bit because there is no 32 bit supported version!. ;)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

It certainly not a silly question, as indeed my computer is 64 bit.

Reaction score
I have been made aware, that Power toys is not supported by Microsoft but to contact GitHub for assistance. I believe it be best to leave this software well alone.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

I am quite sure that there are other alternatives to PT out there, I personally don't use such software so cannot make a recommendation to you. :)

Ask a Question