Prevent Facebook Snooping

Reaction score
Disabling Facebook Cookies

MY GOAL: I do not want Facebook to receive personally identifiable cookie information when I am logged out of Facebook under my Google Chrome web browser. I do not want cookies associated with the web browser of Facebook to remain active after I have log-out of Facebook.

Which of the following configuration settings shown below using Google Chrome must I turn on or off or remove or otherwise. To prevent Facebook from keeping tabs (spying/snooping) on any of my web activity after I am logged out of Facebook?

Under Google Settings Under Cookies:

chrome://settings/content/cookies

Allow Sites To Save And Read Cookie Data (On or Off)

Keep Local Data Only Until You Quit Your Browser (On or Off)

Block Third-Party Cookies (On or Off)

Then I am given ONE of the three following options:

1. Block Sites: Add A Site (Optional); Do I add Facebook here (Yes or No)

2. Clear Site Cookies On Exit (Optional); Do I add Facebook here (Yes or No)

3. Allow Sites (Optional); Do I add Facebook here (Yes or No)

All Cookies And Site Data (Remove All Shown - Option) (Yes or No)

Facebook - Eight Cookies Current Shown (Locally Stored Data): Do I delete (Yes or No)

Facebook - Cache Storage, File System, Database Storage, Local Storage: Do I delete all (Yes or No)

(End)

MY GOAL: I do not want Facebook to receive personally identifiable cookie information when I am logged out of Facebook under my Opera web browser. I do not want cookies associated with the web browser of Facebook to remain active after I have log-out of Facebook.

Which of the following configuration settings shown below using Opera web browser must I turn on or off or remove or otherwise. To prevent Facebook from keeping tabs (spying/snooping) on any of my web activity after I am logged out of Facebook?

Under Settings for Opera Web Browser

Then I am given ONE of the three following options:

1. Allow local data to be set (recommended by Opera) (Yes or No)

2. Keep local data only until I quit my browser (Yes or No)

3. Block sites from setting any data (Yes or No)

Block third-party cookies and site data (Yes or No)

Manage Cookie & Data Exceptions: Do I add Facebook (facebook.com) here (Yes or No)

Once added (under: Manage Cookie & Data Exceptions) I am given the option to "allow/behavior" or "clear/behavior" on exit or to block/behavior. Which one should I choose?

Under All Cookies And Site Data - do I delete ALL of Facebook cookies shown (Yes or No)

(End)

Reaction score
I just found a Google Chrome - free extension regarding Facebook snooping/tracking. Hopefully will immediately resolve my on-going problem.

A free extension called "Facebook Disconnect" blocks Facebook tracking in third-party sites (stop Facebook tracking). And allows the user to surf web faster, more private, more secure when using Google Chrome.

"Facebook Disconnect" completely blocks the social network’s ability to track your account around the web. Like buttons, share buttons, Facebook comment threads, Facebook logins—all these now-ubiquitous adornments will be nuked entirely.

The extension is available under Google Chrome Extensions. Within the “More Tools” > then go to “Extensions” found via under the Google Chrome “Task Bar” section then search for (or do a search for): Facebook Disconnect.

But if anyone else here at the forum have any Web Browser Cookie suggestions or recommendations please continue to post them him. Thanks everyone.

Ask a Question