Preview Build 18980

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
today we’re releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18980 (20H1) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring.
SOURCE: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ider-preview-build-18980/#Rhq3PjAHfvxlYo4A.97

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Slow install, but got there.

Pleased to confirm Microsoft had added a few items to Optional Features - in the Apps section - that you can choose to uninstall.

Example:

sample.png

Regedit32

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice this update for some bizarre reason disabled Preview Pane in File explorer and chose to default to Quick Access view?

Easy enough to adjust - but why change a thing in the first place?!

Reaction score
I am not involving in the insider program at the moment.
I mess around experimenting with configuration quite a lot, so I may have changed it, but, currently, my standard Win10 release opens on the preview pane? I may have changed it at some time, a I would have little use for the detail view.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Couldn't help but notice this unusual designation when checking my update history with respect to the two most recent Fast Ring Builds.

Capture.PNG

The latest / most recent being called "vb_release" caught my attention.
Not sure if that has any connection to the upcoming (soon) bug bash they have scheduled for the 20H1 build or not.
I'd just not seen or at least remember seeing that particular appendix assigned before.

Regedit32

Reaction score
When I saw that vb designation, the first thing that popped to my mind was visual basic, then I thought no that's odd, then 'very bad', followed soon after by the thought ' very buggy ' -- I decided to stop thinking and just download and try in then end . . . :p

Footnote: very brave of us to try ;)

Reaction score
I saw that designation as well and was really wondering what this is suppose to mean

Reaction score
Google is your friend
"One of the more notable things about this release is that it comes from the new vb_release branch, which is referring to the codename of this update, Vibranium. "

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm OK with the whole vibranium thing, although it sounds like something out of a Marvel comic book.
My interest is more in the "release" versus "prerelease" as this is 20H1 and not suppose to be generally available (if they follow past history) until April or May. Seems pretty early on for that build to be feature locked already.

Reaction score
I think the overall plan is that your computer vibrates when you get an email - bit like a bobile -lol

Ask a Question