Printer not working after a Windows update

Reaction score
My printer won't print after a Windows 10 update a few days ago. I have tried so many suggestions to no avail. Has anyone had and solved this problem? Going crazy here!

Reaction score
It would help knowing the printer name and model, type of connection and the Version and Build number of your Win10. Press the Windows key and the R together, type winver and post the result.

Reaction score
It would help knowing the printer name and model, type of connection and the Version and Build number of your Win10. Press the Windows key and the R together, type winver and post the result.
It is a Canon mx350 series and as for the type of connection, not sure what you mean. Version 1709, os build16299.214.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes....this happen sometimes and it's happened to me. I have a HP 5610v AIO printer.

as for the type of connection, not sure what you mean.
Is it USB or some other cable type connection.

What I have to do and what I recommend doing is; Uninstall your printer driver/software package from the a program and features area. Then remove cable connecting printer to pc (I just remove it from the back of the printer). I then download a new copy of driver software package from Printer download site. I install printer normally and follow all on screen prompts, to include when to make the printer cable connection. Doing so before will mess up software install.

Reaction score
Thank you Bassfisher but that did not work. When I run the troubleshooter for the printer, "no issues present". I don't know what else to do! Had a mini mac before this and now I am wishing I bought another one! Frustrated is an understatement!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I didn't say run the/a trouble shooter....I said uninstall and reinstall printer software.

Reaction score
I didn't say run the/a trouble shooter....I said uninstall and reinstall printer software.
I did that first. Sorry, I didn't explain myself. I uninstalled and reinstalled and when I ran the troubleshooter, it said no issues present, leading me to believe there is nothing wrong.

Reaction score
Press the Windows and "R" keys simultaneously, type "devmgmt.msc" into the "Open" box and click "OK". When Device Manager opens, click "View", "Show hidden devices", then expand "Printers", right-click the printer, select "Update driver", then select "Browse my computer for driver software". If a driver is found, install it. You may have to restart the computer for the change to take effect.

Ben

Reaction score
My printer won't print after a Windows 10 update a few days ago. I have tried so many suggestions to no avail. Has anyone had and solved this problem? Going crazy here!
i had that problem i tried everything microsoft went through my PC and the printer company and they could not solve the problem so i had no option but to reinstall win 10 and it solved the problem, windows 10 is a pain.

Reaction score
No matter what printer you have i have 4 different makes i tried everything uninstalling reinstalling 2 different microsoft people went through my PC and as did printer people but no one could solve the problem it is microsoft window 10 update that caused the problem quite honestly i am pissed off with microsoft as i had to reinstall windows and this solved the problem but you do not want to be doing this after updates now i find that with a right mouse click i cannot make a new folder anymore another update problem the only way i can make a new folder now is to copy a folder that i already have paste it to wherever you like many times to create more folders and empty the contents from all the folders barring you original what a pain microsoft are.

Reaction score
Without having the informaton requested in #11 it is impossible to suggest a solution. Also, using only 1 long sentence makes things confusing. Bye.

PLL

Reaction score
Windows updated last week, and now none of the printers are even showing up. When I try to install a printer, it won't progress past looking for them, and it can't find them! Windows is useless if I can't print. Can I fix this or should I switch operating systems? We are a law firm and printing is kinda damn important!

Ask a Question