Scan from printer to PC no longer working

ALP

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Xpress M2070W printer-scanner, which was working well until yesterday.a few days ago.

Installed the latest Windows 10 updates a few days back and again today.

Today I wanted to scan a document, but the Samsung Easy Document Creator program send an " I/O error while communicating with the device" and a message to restart the printer. I did it several time, but the scanner is still not functioning.

(The printer and the copier is working perfectly)

I totally uninstalled the relevant drivers, and I install them again. The scanner still does not work.

When I run the Windows troubleshooter, the problem that comes up is "USB composite device is an older USB device and might not work with USB3.0".

What does this all mean and what is the solution. Hugely frustrating. Hours wasted trying to find a solution when all I want to do is a simple process of scanning a document which has worked for years but today chooses not to work

Reaction score
Either install the USB 3.0 drivers as Windows 10 updates are known for deleting drivers of all sorts. Or try another USB port. Preferably a USB 2.0 one.

ALP

Reaction score
If you reinstalled the drivers that came with the device, try updating with the newest scan drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...nction-printer-series/16450377/model/16450387

Ben
Spent a couple of hours today trying to get this to work. Uninstalled samsung software and reinstalled using system disc which prompts and updates with latest software. Does not work. Downloaded all the drivers and software from the link you provided. Rebooted printer and computer and still no joy.
Then I ran samsung printer diagnostics and advised to download 4 pieces of software. First 2 items downloaded and installed. Then "scanner driver (Twain/WIA)" downloaded with no problem but the 31.19MB file will not install - been running for 2 hours - stopped it and tried again. Easier to just go out and buy a new printer !!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Open Device Manager, click "View", "Show hidden devices", expand "Printers", right-click the printer and select "Update driver". Then click "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". If one is found, highlight it and click "Next" to install it.

Ben

Reaction score
Actually, that's why I first suggested downloading a complete driver package. Unless you have a restore point or a backup image, I'm not sure what else to suggest, except maybe uninstalling the last Windows update.

Ben

ALP

Reaction score
Actually, that's why I first suggested downloading a complete driver package. Unless you have a restore point or a backup image, I'm not sure what else to suggest, except maybe uninstalling the last Windows update.

Ben
Drivers seem to be working. It is working fine with "Windows fax and scan" but not with Samsung software

ALP

Reaction score

Ben
Not sure that uninstalling windows update is the answer as how do you stop Windows 10 from updating system when next update comes out.

Reaction score
The reason I suggested updating the printer driver with one still on your computer is because it's possible that Windows update replaced the old driver with one that's incompatible with scanning. However, if there is more than one, I'm not sure how you would identify the old one and you may end up making the situation worse. If Device manager shows a scanner driver, then that would probably be the one to replace.
If you really are contemplating uninstalling the update, Microsoft has a "Show/Hide" tool to hide updates. Keep in mind there is no guarantee uninstalling will help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates.

By the way, you are not the only one having this problem.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Samsu...-won-t-scan-Keeps-saying-quot-the/m-p/6715158

Ben

ALP

Reaction score
The reason I suggested updating the printer driver with one still on your computer is because it's possible that Windows update replaced the old driver with one that's incompatible with scanning. However, if there is more than one, I'm not sure how you would identify the old one and you may end up making the situation worse. If Device manager shows a scanner driver, then that would probably be the one to replace.
If you really are contemplating uninstalling the update, Microsoft has a "Show/Hide" tool to hide updates. Keep in mind there is no guarantee uninstalling will help.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026726/windows-hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates.

By the way, you are not the only one having this problem.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Samsu...-won-t-scan-Keeps-saying-quot-the/m-p/6715158

Ben

ALP

Reaction score
It seems to me that the drivers are working otherwise why would I be able to scan using "Windows scan" ?
It is when I try to scan using Samsung that it will not scan.
Does my logic sound correct ?

Reaction score
I guess the only explanation is that the Samsung software is not compatible with the last update.

Ben

Ask a Question