Support for printers/scanners

Reaction score
Hi all.

First post so please go easy on me. A few things are holding me back from upgrading.

1. Will I lose all my "favourites"
2. Will I still be able to use my HP Deskjet 1000 printer
3. Will I still be able to use my HP Photosmart D5160 printer
4. Will I still be able to use my Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner

Chris

Reaction score
1. No
2 and 3 Yes but there may be a bit of fiddling and re-installing. I upgraded with a HP printer in use and it all worked perfectly but looking through the posts on this forum some people had trouble with printers. If you do have trouble then remove the printers ( from W10) in everyway you can including all the silly stuff like Shop for HP Supplies and do a full re-install from HP's latest software
4 Check the Epson site for W10 drivers. There is a good chance that your drivers will survive the upgrade, W10 does have some inbuilt support for Epson...but there has been a problem reported by someone here in the last couple of weeks with an Epson device.

Reaction score
1. Depends on what your browser is.. and make sure you make a backup of your FAVORITES.
2. That depends also on what OS you are going to update...You never said.

Reaction score
I did the free upgrade for W7 and my favorites in FF and Chrome were preserved. I didn't use IE.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Should have said, I use Win 7 and Chrome. Should I take the plunge (!!) how do I back up my favourites?

Reaction score
The basic printing capability on many printers will probably be maintained. That means what options you have for printing will depend on the driver available.

As was mentioned, check to see if Windows 10 drivers are available. This is especially important for multi-function devices...

Ask a Question