Printer not working

Reaction score
On 2 pc's with win10 home 64 bit, there is no printing. Both say the printer is on line, have deleted, reinstalled (again) the printers, drivers. HP troubleshooting says everything is ok. Windows built in troubleshooters, same thing. I can ping the printer ok. It scans and copies fine too. All print jobs go to queue where it says "printing" but nothing happens. After a minute I get "error" in the print queue. One of these is a desktop and the other is laptop. Homegroup troubleshooter shows no problems and I even connected the printer by usb and still nothing. My wife wonders if the printer is done, but I'm not ready to give up just yet.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you configured a "Standard TCP/IP Port" for the printer.
Often, the standard HP_IPaddress_PrinterPort that is installed by the software, nor the Windows WSD Port, do not seem to work reliably, if at all.
I generally just create my own and for some reason that seems to fix the issue.
Occasionally, depending on the printer, I'll switch it from RAW to LPR and give a Queue Name of PORT1, although that is not usually necessary, just that some printers seem to work better with LPR.

IF you're not sure how to do this, post back and I can perhaps walk you through it.

Reaction score
Often, the standard HP_IPaddress_PrinterPort that is installed by the software, nor the Windows WSD Port, do not seem to work reliably, if at all.
Occasionally, depending on the printer, I'll switch it from RAW to LPR and give a Queue Name of PORT1, although that is not usually necessary, just that some printers seem to work better with LPR.

IF you're not sure how to do this, post back and I can perhaps walk you through it.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've tried what you said and gone from lpr to raw and back again. Also used the ip address and have always been able to ping. The printer can still scan and copy but print jobs go into queue and after a couple minutes get an error. I recently took it off the router and connected it directly to the pc and same thing. Of course I earlier did a scan with Malewarebytes and nothing shows. I also set permissions through the firewall. Thanks again and I guess I'll keep trying although when something like this happens and I'll bet it'll turn out to be something simple and I'll go AUUGH when I find it. I might try another printer and see if that works as this one is old, but worked really well in Win 7 and when I first used Win 10. It's hooked to a brand new ASUS router and the router sees it ok and assigns it an ip address and I can ping it fine

Reaction score
Well after trying to figure this out, when I try to share the printer, I get the message "printer settings cannot be saved" "there are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper" Then try to use the troubleshooter and that stops and says it can't continue with the error 0x803C010B. Reinstalled, deleted, and reinstalled again. :( The printer is an HP OfficeJet G55. I wonder if I need to rollback the driver? Problem is every time I try Windows won't let me s it defaults to the newest driver. I thought if I rolled back to the previously installed OS, (Win 7 64 bit) that might help as it worked before.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
Let us know when you've moved from
"off and running"
to
"off and printing"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just glad to hear that you got it sorted, finally.
And thanks again for the follow-up.
Always appreciated.

Ask a Question