SOLVED Printer Spooler Service keeps stopping

Reaction score
The service is starting at boot up but then stops. I can manually start the service and it starts but then stops unexpectedly in less than a minute. Here is the event viewer log. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated but may need to recover to Win8.1 as I need printers.

upload_2015-7-30_23-0-50.png

upload_2015-7-30_23-2-55.png

Update... I have 3 PC's (2 laptops, 1 HP & 1 Dell & 1 Dell Desktop). The Dell Desktop printers are working fine but the printer spooler service on both laptops starts and stops unexpectedly. Tried unchecking fast startup under Power and on one laptop tried LPD Print Service & LPR Port Monitor under turn Windows features on under Control Panel Programs & Features....no help.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Bob and welcome to the forum.
I haven't seen this problem yet.
Maybe a run of the native System File Checker?
Admin Command Prompt and type
sfc /scannow
give it a bit and see if it finds any issues.
AND
Please make sure that your installation is fully updated with Windows Updates

Reaction score
Hello Bob, Can you clarify how this was fixed? Just running the sfc/scannow and windows update? I did check the update and updated it and reboot a few times but did not fix the issue.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Toshiba and been having these issues.
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I had the same problem with my print spooler not working since I had installed Windows 10. That was 2 months ago and the entire time my printer did not work. It would only scan for some off reason. Went through all the different help forums out there, tried EVERYTHING, nothing worked. UNTIL this morning. I found a site that mentioned "Tweaking.com" windows repair. I ran the program and NOW my printer works again. I could not believe it!!!!!!!!
I'm posting this everywhere now. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I had the same problem with my print spooler not working since I had installed Windows 10. That was 2 months ago and the entire time my printer did not work. It would only scan for some off reason. Went through all the different help forums out there, tried EVERYTHING, nothing worked. UNTIL this morning. I found a site that mentioned "Tweaking.com" windows repair. I ran the program and NOW my printer works again. I could not believe it!!!!!!!!
I'm posting this everywhere now. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

I was excited when I saw this but it did not work for me. I still have no printer and no solution. :-( I've tried everything posted so far.

Ask a Question