SOLVED PrivaZer checker reliable.

Reaction score
As a computer checker is PrivaZer reliable similar to CCleaner or similar software.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, to be fair, I have tried PrivaZer, and find it does the job it says. Except, feel it is best to untick the Registry clean part as a precaution. I can't make up my mind on its accuracy, as after each test run it shows, identical free space it has created. Time of using it, should tell if it is better or worse than CCleaner, as the latter did give me trouble after running it. As you say, it is free but has a version for donors, amount left for your choice. I personally, feel it would be to early to pass on recommending it. In the short time of use, it has been updated twice, is this a point in thinking about using it or not?

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

CCleaner seems to update at least once a week or maybe I am imagining that?. I really don't know which of the cleaners does a better job than the other, like you said, time will tell after you use it for a while?. :cool:

Don't forget the MS onboard tools. That said, how effective is disk cleaner????????. :)

Reaction score
I believe the built in disk cleaner is also planned for reduntancy. It is all now in the setting - storage facility

Reaction score
Hi wolfie, your caption How to clean-up on Windows, was a very good and informative read. Much to learn from it, my thanks for the opportunity.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

make a mental note of what @davehc said about "Storage" too (in my other thread about disk clean), I keep forgetting it is there myself but it has an auto switch but be careful what you tick in the boxes, I very seldom empty my downloads folder for example!.

Settings > System > Storage :) (See also the 2nd pic below). :cool:

1593670806194.png

Click on "Configure Storage Sense or run it now" and you get more options!. :)

1593671003174.png

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie, My Storage setting is set to on, rest are set as you have shown. Periodically use the clean now option.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

I almost always use CCleaner and/or Disk Clean, how effective they are compared to each other I cannot say, maybe Dave or some of the other forum members have some insight?. :)

Reaction score
i once used ccleaner. about a year ag it took out something quite important
(cant remember what)
since then i only use the built in utilities and manually delete temps etc.

Ask a Question