SOLVED Problem with itune update

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before. I updated my iTunes and it wouldn't install. Said there was a problem with the installer package and couldn't run a required program. I tried uninstalling iTunes and re d/l the app but got the same message. I searched for a solution. One was to do a clean boot but the instructions were for win 8 and I have win 10 upgraded from win 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A clean boot should work the same for Windows 10 as it does for 8 or 8.1
Taskmanager start up tab disable all.
msconfig services, hide microsoft services, disable remaining.

What third party security suite if any are you running. Some of those can cause a similar problem and you can't really disable them completely, you have to uninstall them and run their vendor specific proprietary removal tool to get rid of remnants

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. However I found an answer in one of the Apple support groups. I just had to repair the Apple Software Update through the Control Panel and it installed perfectly.

Reaction score
Question? So I am trying to have my iPhone open with ITunes but it is opening with windows 10 files how do I get rid of it from starting up in windows and get it back to open in ITunes. Thanks

Ask a Question