SOLVED Problem with Navigation column in Word 10.

BML

Reaction score
At the moment when I want to place a heading in the Navigation column I type it in the document where I want to place it. Click on, Headings 1, Select Home, select Styles, select Heading 1. As a result I finish up with a 24 point wide band which I have to reduce by changing the pt. size from 24 to 14 and I have to embolden it.
I placed my curser over Heading 1 and photographed the information showing below as the only way I could see to copy the information shown which I then laboriously copied below.
I would like to change Heading 1 so that a 14 pt. wide band shows that is already in bold but know not how to do so. Can you help me?
Heading 1:
Font
Font: Bold, Font colour: Text 1
Paragraph
Spacing:
Before: 24 pt.
After: 0 pt.
Line and Page Breaks: Keep with next, Keep lines
Outline Level: Level 1
Style
Style Linked, Quick Style, Priority: 10
Based on: Normal
Following style: Normal

Reaction score
Sorry. I'm confused. (not difficult for me these days:mad:)
To which program do you refer? Word? or?

BML

Reaction score
I apologise in not stating the program to start with which is, "Microsoft Word 10".

Reaction score
Is it Word 10 or Office 2010? The suites were the year from 2000 to 2013 but the applications within them were a 2-digit number. Office 2016 had app version 16, haven't checked anything later. Office 2007 started the different file formats such as .docx, .xlsx, etc. Office 2010 was the first offered as either x86 or x64. Office 2000, 2002/XP and 2003 had available a Compatibility Pack to allow use with the newer formats.

BML

Reaction score
I keyed in, “What version of Office do I have?” The following came up which I followed.

If you have Windows, open a Word document, choose File from the top left corner, and then click either Account or Help on the left nav bar. You'll see your Office version and information under Product information, on the right side of the window.

The first thing I noticed was (32-bit” I use 64 – bit so wonder how I change that. I hope the rest makes sense.

1641311354720.png

Regards,

Brian

Reaction score
The first thing I noticed was (32-bit” I use 64 – bit so wonder how I change that. I hope the rest makes sense.
You'd have to get hold of the 64-bit install disc or download, uninstall the 32-bit then install the 64-bit. I don't think from an operational standpoint there's much difference, probably not sufficient for the trouble when running on 64-bit Windows. The big difference is the 64-bit programs install in C:\Program Files and the 32-bit programs install in C:\Program Files (x86) on the x64 versions of Windows. The x86 Windows uses only C:\Program Files folder and 64-bit programs won't even install.

Reaction score
I don't use Word, but looking at the style you listed for Heading1...

Heading 1:
Font
Font: Bold, Font colour: Text 1
Paragraph
Spacing:
Before: 24 pt.
After: 0 pt.
Line and Page Breaks: Keep with next, Keep lines
Outline Level: Level 1
Style
Style Linked, Quick Style, Priority: 10
Based on: Normal
Following style: Normal

...there is nothing showing in the Font row. That would suggest this style is incomplete and you need to add a 14 point Bold font to it?

BML

Reaction score
What do you mean by, "the front row" and how does one add a 14 point Bold font to it"?

BML

Reaction score
What do you mean by, "Front row?" Could you please identify it.

Ask a Question