Newly installed Windows 10 Driver Problems - Can't find any Solution

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just want to say that after countless hours of installing drivers, looking for solutions on computer forums, I haven't gotten ANY response anywhere, much less potential solutions for my newly installed Windows 10 problems. I just lost all hope for solving these software problems. My laptop is older, although this shouldn't pose a problems regarding new windows drivers right?

I own ASUS ROG g750jm and I'm super happy with it, but yesterday I finally decided to switch from Win8.1 to Win 10. Now, after searching everywhere on the Asus official website for specific drivers for my laptop I couldn't find them, so I manually searched on google for drivers for each specific component for win 10. After installation, I still have some problems:

1. when I move any window, it doesn't stay, but just shows the outline of the window. I guess this must be the problem of graphic card/monitor drivers. Looks like this
I've tried installing multiple different Intel AND Nvidia drivers (always restarting after each one to see if it makes any difference), which are specific for my laptop / components (I've checked), but nothing seems to make any difference. I've even downloaded Driver Easy program that installs drivers automatically. At last, I've tried even installing older drivers (Win 8 or even 7) and while some of them actually did get installed, it made no difference.

My final thoughts were to look at settings for each monitor (integrated and Nvidia) if there is some kind of low performance setting enabled, but sadly found no solution.

2. fans are randomly switching on to higher speeds, even though I only have like 3 tabs of Chrome open. Are there any experts here with any kind of advice on what should I do here?
Maybe any fellow ROG users? I haven't had any of these problems on Win 8.1.

I would so much appreciate any kind of help. Thank you so much guys!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Laptops often need OEM specific drivers, it's not uncommon to find that vendor generic drivers don't work as expected. All the issues you describe sound to be driver related.

The ASUS website has a page dedicated to how to find drivers, it's here: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035376. Personally, I would install the ASUS specific drivers for that model from the ASUS website and then run Windows Update (checking in Optional Updates for driver updates) and install all drivers that Windows Update finds. After that use Device Manager to look for any devices missing drivers and only use vendor-supplied generic drivers for these.

The 'windows outline' when dragging a window is a performance feature which you can turn on and off. In the Run command box enter sysdm.cpl. In the window that opens click the Advanced tab and then the topmost Settings button (Performance). Under the Visual Effects tab click the checkbox next to 'Show windows contents when dragging'.

Reaction score
Yes with the G750 you'll need a BIOS Update to run 10 and some Asus Drivers. Your best bet is to log in to ASUS ROG forums you'll find other users that have gotten the G750's running on Windows 10 https://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?60. To get the latest driver for your notebook you'll have to log into your ASUS account that you started when you registered your G750, there you should find your notebook in the My Products page and the latest drivers.

Ask a Question