Problem With New Windows 10 PC.

Reaction score
Tried to setup my new HP computer today. When signing in using my user I’d I used in old pc, Microsoft said no. I used a new ID but I couldn’t install my office 365 and several other things because of my new Microsoft ID. So I did a reset wiping the drive clean and planning on trying again. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Spats,

download a fresh copy of the current latest version of Windows 10 and create a bootable USB or DVD. If you have nothing on the PC, wipe the drives and DON'T connect the PC to the internet and use the create a local account option.

I assume that you have nothing value on the PC that you need?.

Was the PC activated?. Do you have a driver disk with the PC?.

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-download-windows-10-iso.35/ :)

Reaction score
There is a little work involved, when transferring from an old to a new computer - and a few ifs and buts.

Have a look at this comprehensive explanation

Reaction score
Hi Spats,

download a fresh copy of the current latest version of Windows 10 and create a bootable USB or DVD. If you have nothing on the PC, wipe the drives and DON'T connect the PC to the internet and use the create a local account option.

I assume that you have nothing value on the PC that you need?.

Was the PC activated?. Do you have a driver disk with the PC?.

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/how-to-download-windows-10-iso.35/ :)

A Windows 10 disk did not come with the new pc. I will make a copy off my old pc and see if that will work on the new one.

Reaction score
Tried to setup my new HP computer today.
Did you 1st setup the HP as directed in the Fast Setup Guide. I have had several clients (new HP) and did not follow HP instructions, and
Mega Issues...

Reaction score
A Windows 10 disk did not come with the new pc. I will make a copy off my old pc and see if that will work on the new one.
Check your Microsoft Account Log on to if form any computer. If you are able to log on then you can add any device to log onto that account.
Go to Media Creation Tool, have the Tool create your Install media, this install will auto-activate since you already had Windows 10 activate on that hardware.

Ask a Question