Problem with Wi-Fi

Reaction score
I am having a serious problem with my Wi-Fi on my Windows 10. After an upgrade stopped working completely. I connected the PC to the modem via a cable, and now the Wi-Fi work, but only with the modem of the house. In other words, do not go more connections , so if I take the PC to a business that has Wi-Fi can not connect . Could anyone help me please?

Reaction score
First when you connected your PC to the Cable Modem you are using the Ethernet card not the wireless. The most likely issue is your divers for the wireless card aren't working with Windows 10. Contact the PC manufacturer under support and go to your model and see if there are Windows 10 drivers. If not you may have to go to the maker of the wireless card's site and DL the drivers there.

Reaction score
First when you connected your PC to the Cable Modem you are using the Ethernet card not the wireless. The most likely issue is your divers for the wireless card aren't working with Windows 10. Contact the PC manufacturer under support and go to your model and see if there are Windows 10 drivers. If not you may have to go to the maker of the wireless card's site and DL the drivers there.

Thank you for being helpful. But yes, the Wi-Fi work with the Internet at the home because the laptop is no longer
connected with the modem for cable, but for the Wi-Fi , but the list of Wi- Is in the laptop the only one that appears is that of the home. Thank you again.

Reaction score
So you are saying something like you normally show 5 local wireless networks while at home and now you only show the one? I don't suppose that might be because you located the computer in a location where the transmissions are restricted? You do have Network discovery enabled in the Advanced Sharing settings?

Are you showing a normal wireless icon and not one with any yellow marks?

If you are having problems with public locations there is a setting for Network Discovery under Advanced Sharing settings, Guest or Public.

Drivers are important in the correct operation of a system but there may also be some specific software to aid in those connections. Perhaps your OEM hasan additional utility which needs to be installed.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Additionally if you are using a third party security suite, it may be impacting the availability of connections if, as Saltgrass has mentioned, they are public (as they would be by default if you haven't set things up differently).
Depending on the security suite's components and how they handled new network connections by default, you may have to configure "trusts" through the software's dashboard.

Reaction score
I trust you checked Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi "Manage Wi-Fi Settings"

Ask a Question