SOLVED Problem with WiFi after login

Reaction score
Hi all,

anyone else having a problem with their WiFi after login, frequently all I get is the globe symbol and then I have to on the WiFi (the globe) symbol to disconnect and then click the box to connect automatically and it then does so. I did run troubleshoot a while back and re-installed the WiFi drivers but the problem still persists. It isn't a show stopper but certainly annoying to say the least. :)

It is an old laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter btw!. :)

Downloaded a recent driver from here:

https://www.ath-drivers.eu/download-driver-for-Atheros-chipset-with-id-21-and-Windows10-64bit.html :)

I will see how that goes as it is a later driver than the one MS installed!. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It maybe not relevant to your problem but:
When I need to download something large, I disconnect my ethernet and reconnect (wireless) to my mobile modem, which is about ten time faster. Initial connect gives me the same phenomena as you. Sometimes it takes me to the modem site, here no action is required. Disconnecting and reconnecting gets me on the wireless

Reaction score
Hi Dave,

I have restarted the laptop with the new drivers and it seems to be stable now, I have marked the thread as solved as the newer drivers seem to have done the trick.

There were a couple of times in the past where clicking on disconnect > connect automatically didn't work and I was forced to use the network LAN cable.

Like I said above, it is annoying rather than a show stopper. Lets hope the newer drivers have solved the problem. :)

Reaction score
Sad to report that it is still happening, just restarted again and the same thing happened. Oh well!. :eek: I will still leave this marked as solved in case someone else wants to download the latest drivers for their device. :)

Reaction score
I have the same issues. Every time I wake up my laptop it is disconnected. I then have to reset my Wifi on the laptop to be able to reconnect.
My Wifi adapter is an Intel 3945ABG and I already have the latest drivers. The issue here is not the IP address but it cannot dissolve the problem with the security and channel. This applies both to the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz band....
Mostly I have the laptop hardwired anyway as it is stationary...

Reaction score
Strange but true, on my other laptop (Acer Aspire 7750G with a Qualcomm Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter) the problem doesn't exist???. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Update, I have not had one dropout today, maybe the newer drivers did indeed do the trick?. :)

Reaction score
I have added my USB dongles for testing. So far they are faster than my build in Wifi adapter (54Mbit). One is a AR7010 (UB94) and the other is a AR9271(UB93). Both run now at 150Mbit, however the AR9271 can only do the 2.4GHz band while the AR7010 can do both, 2.4GHz AND 5GHz. gonna test it a while see how its doing. Had them both laying in the drawer and forgot about them....

Reaction score
So far so good on my laptop, I also have another Atheros chip dongle myself which also works out of the box and never drops the signal, I use it on my 2nd PC. :)

Ask a Question