Problem with Windows 10 installing

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 hard drives: one of 1TB and the second one is 2TB.

I usually install Windows 10 on the 1TB, but now I am want to change it.

I want to install Windows 10 on the 2TB Hard drive, But I got a problem.

This is what is appear when i enter the BIOS:

I enter the UEFI one, and When I start to install i wait until it's finish.
When the computer do restrat, the Setup install of windows start again automaticly.

and When I putted out the USB, this is what happen:

The computer isn't loading nothing, and the BIOS open..

What to do? the windows 10 can't be installed on this Hard Drive.

I don't know what to do.. Please Help me.
Thank you
001.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Why don't you first try making things easier on yourself.
Disconnect everything everything, until all you have to contend with is the UEFI bootable SanDisk 16 gig tumbdrive and the one Seagate 2 terabyte hard drive.
That should achieve two things.....
1. Keep it simple
2. Protect the Boot Manager on the other Seagate 1 terabyte drive, just in case.
After the install you may want to examine your boot device menu options and make sure that the 2 TB Seagate is at the top of the list. It should also then contain a Windows Boot Manager label.

Reaction score
Why don't you first try making things easier on yourself.
Disconnect everything everything, until all you have to contend with is the UEFI bootable SanDisk 16 gig tumbdrive and the one Seagate 2 terabyte hard drive.
That should achieve two things.....
1. Keep it simple
2. Protect the Boot Manager on the other Seagate 1 terabyte drive, just in case.
After the install you may want to examine your boot device menu options and make sure that the 2 TB Seagate is at the top of the list. It should also then contain a Windows Boot Manager label.

I don't understand the two things..
if i disconnect the all drive except the 2TB and the SanDisk 16GB, start the install and while the computer do Restart.
What to do after?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What to do after?
What do you mean "after"?
"After" you should have windows 10 installed on the 2TB Seagate Drive. Which I thought was your goal and the point of this exercise.
I usually install Windows 10 on the 1TB, but now I am want to change it.
I want to install Windows 10 on the 2TB Hard drive,

Reaction score
What do you mean "after"?
"After" you should have windows 10 installed on the 2TB Seagate Drive. Which I thought was your goal and the point of this exercise.

Yes, I want windows will install on the Seagate 2TB.
but, When I choose the Disk in Windows installer and wait until it will finish.
After the install finished, The computer restart and the install starts again.
If i putted out the USB and restart the computer, this is what happend:

Windows is not installed, even this showed as the install finished...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You will need to set your system BIOS to boot from the new (or at least different) Windows Boot Manager, which should now be on the 2TB drive.
IF it is booting to the install again then you either did not perform the install to the 2TB drive properly or......
It is not finding the 2TB drive as a bootable device. That should be under boot device options in your BIOS and depending on how you have it connected may need to be included especially if it is not connected to your primary disk controller or if you have disabled other boot devices except SATA0 and USB connected HDDs.

I saw that result in your original video and guessed that your Windows Boot Manager is now either corrupt, missing (on a drive that is no longer connected or the 2 TB drive is not being recognized as a boot device option or does not contain the Windows Boot Manager.
IF the installation was done on an MBR drive rather than a GPT drive then the UEFI BIOS will not see it as a bootable UEFI device.
Perhaps configuring the BIOS to support "Legacy" might help but you should probably make sure that your install media is configured properly to support GPT / UEFI

Rufus.JPG

Reaction score
You will need to set your system BIOS to boot from the new (or at least different) Windows Boot Manager, which should now be on the 2TB drive.
IF it is booting to the install again then you either did not perform the install to the 2TB drive properly or......
It is not finding the 2TB drive as a bootable device. That should be under boot device options in your BIOS and depending on how you have it connected may need to be included especially if it is not connected to your primary disk controller or if you have disabled other boot devices except SATA0 and USB connected HDDs.

I saw that result in your original video and guessed that your Windows Boot Manager is now either corrupt, missing (on a drive that is no longer connected or the 2 TB drive is not being recognized as a boot device option or does not contain the Windows Boot Manager.
IF the installation was done on an MBR drive rather than a GPT drive then the UEFI BIOS will not see it as a bootable UEFI device.
Perhaps configuring the BIOS to support "Legacy" might help but you should probably make sure that your install media is configured properly to support GPT / UEFI

View attachment 1043

How to set my system BIOS to boot from the new Windows Boot Manager?
I enter the bios and just select the first BOOT Load and start the install.
maybe I don't have Windows Boot Manager on my 2TB Hard drive?
How to Fix it?
I have to disconnect the other devices to install Windows on the 2TB?

and now, I am trying to set the setting like your image in refus.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have to disconnect the other devices to install Windows on the 2TB?
That is to keep things simple and prevent potential problems.
Disconnecting other interfaces and using the connection you are presently using on the 1 TB drive to connect the 2 TB drive should help simplify things.

Reaction score
That is to keep things simple and prevent potential problems.
Disconnecting other interfaces and using the connection you are presently using on the 1 TB drive to connect the 2 TB drive should help simplify things.
Ok, but What I have to do to fix the problem?
I did the setting like your image in refus
what is next?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Burn a new install onto the thumbdrive using rufus with those settings (exactly).
Boot from it and perform the install to the 2 TB drive (which should be the only option available with everything else disconnected).
I hope there is nothing important on the 2 TB drive or that you have a backup of everything that is.

Reaction score
Burn a new install onto the thumbdrive using rufus with those settings (exactly).
Boot from it and perform the install to the 2 TB drive (which should be the only option available with everything else disconnected).
I hope there is nothing important on the 2 TB drive or that you have a backup of everything that is.

Ok.
After the computer restart, do nothing? just wait?
if i disconnect all, this is should work?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
After the computer restart, do nothing? just wait?
The computer will likely restart a couple three times maybe more, just let it do its' thing and watch the hard disk light for disk activity.
if i disconnect all, this is should work?
Well that's certainly the idea.
If you have issues, post back.
Depending on the drive you may want to use Diskpart to clean it. That will wipe everything from the drive for sure and should allow for the GPT / UEFI install without issue.

Reaction score
The computer will likely restart a couple three times maybe more, just let it do its' thing and watch the hard disk light for disk activity.

Well that's certainly the idea.
If you have issues, post back.
Depending on the drive you may want to use Diskpart to clean it. That will wipe everything from the drive for sure and should allow for the GPT / UEFI install without issue.

Hi,
Unfortunately it didn't work.
still same problem.
I uploaded an videos, if you can please watch what i do and what is the problem:

The load from the bios and the installation:

The Restart: (Watch when the install of windows starts again)

What happen if i Putted out the disk on key :

Sorry for hebrew
Just watch... I don't know what to do
Thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try it again
WARNING: The following procedure will wipe the contents of the targeted drive # so pay close attention.
This time at the Language screen at the very beginning hold the shift key and strike the F10 key
In the dos Windows type
diskpart
hit enter
at the diskpart prompt type
list disk
hit enter
Identify the 2 TB Seagate drive you want to install Windows on by Disk ###
If you have everything disconnected as I suggested there should only be two ...... your thumb drive and the 2 TB Seagate Drive which will likely be Disk 0 but make sure you don't get the wrong number..... NOW
type
select disk 0 (this is assuming the disk 0 is in fact the 2 TB Seagate drive otherwise use the appropriate number)
hit enter
You should see that Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
type
clean
hit enter
type
exit
to close diskpart
type
exit
again to close the command prompt
Try the install again.

OH, and by the way, you shouldn't have to type in a Product Key, if this is the same machine that held the previous installation of Windows 10. You should be able to choose either "skip" or "do this later" at every prompt.

Reaction score
Try it again
WARNING: The following procedure will wipe the contents of the targeted drive # so pay close attention.
This time at the Language screen at the very beginning hold the shift key and strike the F10 key
In the dos Windows type
diskpart
hit enter
at the diskpart prompt type
list disk
hit enter
Identify the 2 TB Seagate drive you want to install Windows on by Disk ###
If you have everything disconnected as I suggested there should only be two ...... your thumb drive and the 2 TB Seagate Drive which will likely be Disk 0 but make sure you don't get the wrong number..... NOW
type
select disk 0 (this is assuming the disk 0 is in fact the 2 TB Seagate drive otherwise use the appropriate number)
hit enter
You should see that Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
type
clean
hit enter
type
exit
to close diskpart
type
exit
again to close the command prompt
Try the install again.

OH, and by the way, you shouldn't have to type in a Product Key, if this is the same machine that held the previous installation of Windows 10. You should be able to choose either "skip" or "do this later" at every prompt.

forgot to say: I tried this before.. didn't help
What to do???

Did you watch the videos from youtube?
nothing help, i got crazy....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I did watch them and when you refreshed the drive list I saw several other drives show up, after........
I specifically asked that you unplug and disconnect all attached peripheral devices except a USB mouse and keyboard and a Monitor.
I can't read Hebrew, I barely get by with English but, I would suggest that the first thing you do is learn how to get that computer BIOS out of muppet mode EZ BIOS and use the full featured setup utility so you can see what's what and where.
On my Gigabyte board that means pressing F2 while in the BIOS. I have no idea what the equivalent is for your ASUS board.

Reaction score
I did watch them and when you refreshed the drive list I saw several other drives show up, after........
I specifically asked that you unplug and disconnect all attached peripheral devices except a USB mouse and keyboard and a Monitor.
I can't read Hebrew, I barely get by with English but, I would suggest that the first thing you do is learn how to get that computer BIOS out of muppet mode EZ BIOS and use the full featured setup utility so you can see what's what and where.
On my Gigabyte board that means pressing F2 while in the BIOS. I have no idea what the equivalent is for your ASUS board.

I disconnected everything, except the 2TB hard drive, USB for install, keyboard and mouse..
I don't think it is irrelevant because i have another Seagate 1TB Hard Drive and the install works Great.

Maybe the problem can be the Hard drive himself?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe the problem can be the Hard drive himself?
Possibly except that the install seems to succeed. It is the subsequent boot that seems to fail.
Is the 2TB drive connected to SATA 0 on the primary SATA controller?
When you remove the USB stick can you bring up the boot menu (F12 on my board, not sure about yours) do you see a UEFI listing for Windows Boot Manager, that you can select?

Reaction score
Possibly except that the install seems to succeed. It is the subsequent boot that seems to fail.
Is the 2TB drive connected to SATA 0 on the primary SATA controller?
When you remove the USB stick can you bring up the boot menu (F12 on my board, not sure about yours) do you see a UEFI listing for Windows Boot Manager, that you can select?

How to check if the 2TB connected to SATA controller?

and what are you meant? remove the USB immediately after the restart? or try do this now?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Use your motherboard documentation manual to figure out how to use the real BIOS configuration utility not the simple click around thing, there should be something on the BIOS page like F2 or something that brings up the full feature BIOS untility. Then you look for the system information regarding connected devices and it should show how the drive is connected to the motherboard (Which controller and which port on that controller).
and what are you meant? remove the USB immediately after the restart? or try do this now?
Then you need to figure out how to bring up a boot menu that should contain anything attached that is bootable
AND
You might as well learned how to adjust the BIOS boot option and how to change them from UEFI to UEFI and Legacy while you are at it.

I cannot explain this to you as I don't own an ASUS motherboard. Mine is Gigabyte so that is going to be of little or no help.
But reading the manual is always a good idea, especially the parts involving the BIOS and how to use it.

Ask a Question